Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2011

How to Create profiles and connect it to a Wireless LAN using net

Hello friends. Greetings to all of you. I hope you all have been doing well. I am making use of Windows XP. I want to configure wireless network in my dell laptop in order to create profiles and connect it to a Wireless Local Area Network using net. I am unaware of it, how to do the above. Please let me know the proper steps and guide me through . Thanks in advance for helping as I really appreciate it on a very high note. Take Care
Old 09-05-2011

Re: How to Create profiles and connect it to a Wireless LAN using net

Hello. Go to start menu and enter on settings, followed by control panel and network connections. Select properties by right clicking on Wireless Network Connection. Then click the Wireless Networks Tab. Enter add button inside preferred networks. In order to set up your wireless profile, you will be required to enter the network name into the Network Name i.e. SSID field. The SSID ought to be offered by the wireless service provider. Follow this and things will be solved.
Old 09-05-2011

Hey dude. The above solution is fine. However, I would like to imply you that just make sure that Use Windows to Configure my Wireless Network Settings checkbox has been checked. Also, in any case you are connecting to a DHCP server, you will not be needed to enter an Internet Protocol address or in that case permit the Wired Equivalent Privacy. On the other side, if you are not using a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol server, you will be required to state an Internet Protocol address or facilitate Wired Equivalent Privacy encryption.
Old 09-05-2011

Hey buddy. I would like to enlighten you with some things. In the 'Wireless Network Connection Properties' dialog box, make certain that the name of the network you wish to attach to has been highlighted and then click the Advanced button. In addition to it, guarantee that the 'Access point networks only' radio button has been chosen. After closing all the dialog boxes, your wireless configuration will be completed. I hope this helps.
Old 09-05-2011

Hey mate,I am fine and going good. I would like to bring to your notice the Wireless Networks facilitates to add a network connection profile , edit or eliminate a network connection profile , connect to any listed network with no alteration in its order in the list . In addition to the above, it also allows lock or in that case unlock a favored network connection profile and Import a WPN file . I am sure this will help you in knowing the things better.
Old 10-05-2011

Guys, thank you so much for helping me out and showing me the way. I am just blown away by the response and that too so quickly. I am just amazed by it. The process was so systematically explained and I did not get stuck up anywhere. The additional information also helped. In addition to it, each and every reply was meaningful to me. You all really made my day friends. I thanks you?ll again. Take Care.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,