Thread: false sense of security & free virus scanners

false sense of security & free virus scanners

I am using Dell studio laptop with windows 7. But bow I am daily using the internet in my laptop so I have decided to install the anti virus in my laptop. I have some doubts in my mind about free anti virus scanners. Is it sufficient to free virus scanner for laptop? Do these anti viruses detect the all viruses from the computer? Or I should buy the anti virus from market. Right now I am using AVG anti virus.

Re: false sense of security & free virus scanners

I have read your problem. According to me there is nothing wrong with the free virus scanner. As far as I know most of the virus scanners provide day updates. It means it has all security updates and it scans the computer properly and detects the all virus from your computer, so I think you should go for the free antivirus but make sure that you update that antivirus regularly. Because it is very important to update the antivirus. I hope this information will be helpful for you.

I have read your question as you have said that you having some confusion with free anti virus and paid anti virus. I think you should buy the anti virus. Because I have noticed that many of the features does not work with free anti virus but these features are enables in the subscribed anti virus. That is the main reason why I am suggesting you to buy original anti virus. In original anti virus you will be able to use the all the features of the anti virus. So it is up to you.

Using the free anti virus is not an issue. Free anti virus also provides protection to your computer. But if you are using your computer with confidential data or that computer stores very bulky and important data which you don’t want lose in any condition. For those data it is very important to protect them with best anti virus. I think in that kind of scenario you must buy the original anti virus so you can store your data without any risk and its need to be scan regularly. So buy the anti virus according to your priorities.

I have read your post and after reading your post I have decide to go for original ant virus. As I am a engineering student and I have to store all my project and assignments hard copy and all the data. Also I have to run some professional software’s like SQL server management, visual basic and etc. so I don’t want to take any risk with it. I am looking to buy E-scan anti virus. If you have any other anti virus in your mind then please let me know so I can buy the anti virus according to that.