Thread: Word 2007 error: "Compile error in hidden module: AZWizardModule

Word 2007 error: "Compile error in hidden module: AZWizardModule

Hello everyone, I think I am suffering from a very silly error, and most embarrassing thing is that I am not able to solve it on my own. I was having some virus issue, that’s the reason I formatted my C:\ recently. I have installed Windows Vista After format I installed all required software again, from that time whenever I am opening word file it gives me some error like “Compile error in hidden module: AZWizardModule”. Now I am not able to understand that why this is happening and what is that error message mean? Can anyone help me here with this issue? Thanks a lot in advance for your replies.

Re: Word 2007 error: "Compile error in hidden module: AZWizardModule

Hey friends I have gone to through to your problem. as per my knowledge you might not have installed the whole module of MS office properly. If you have done proper installation of then there must be some error in installation of windows. And also you might have some user associated add-ons which may be containing faulty macro code. If you have install any add-ons then uninstall it. And try to resolve your error from windows boot disc and repair it again. I hope this will solve your problem.

I have gone through to the above post. As per my search you might have installed the MS office add-ons to your computer. Because I have seen on different website that this kind of problem occurs due to MS office add-ons or any third party tool which also contain some faulty macro code that interact with Word which you might have installed later. If you have not done anything then too you are getting the error then you must do the fresh installation MS Office.

Hello I also wanted to tell you some more information about the installation and fresh installation of word or MS office. Before you do it, keep in mind that if you have installed any add-ons then first uninstall it and also delete them from registry editor. After that first take the backup of all word documents and then uninstall whole MS office. After one reboot again install the MS office from CD or any source you have. Keep in mind that during installation you are not installing any patch or add-ons. Once the installation done again reboot the PC and check whether your problem got solved or not. All the Best!

Hey I am watching this conversation continuously and I also have one alternative solution for you to solve your problem. While doing above step there are some chances of data lost related to MS office. Well in that case in order to backup the data you are quite safe with the online back up. Yes you can also take the online back up. After that you must start the fresh installation of MS office. For doing uninstall you must be able to do that from add or remove program. So just go with it and solve your problem.

Hello everyone, I have followed all the instruction and solved my problem. There was not at all any error of add-ons, because add-ons were responsible for the format of my computer. I did the format to computer because by clicking on unknown add-on I got virus attack on my computer. I was also having third party tool for word. After re format I have never installed any single add-on. But after taking solution from you all and fresh installation of MS office has saved me. so thanks a lot again.