Thread: Unable to remove directdr virus

Unable to remove directdr virus

Hello guys, I am having some virus related issue on my desktop, I am using Windows XP SP2 at my home in which I have installed McAfee antivirus. Since from 2 days I am facing one virus notification of directdr virus, my antivirus is up to date then too I am not able to delete or remove it. I tried to download combofix; also I have tried malware byte because I thought that it can be malware. But not a single option is working for me and I am not at all feeling good that my PC is infected. So can anyone help me here? Every single solution is highly appreciated, thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to remove directdr virus

Hey I have read your question, and I have one solution for you. You should try with spybot and adaware, however this is the secondary option. Before doing this just do one thing check that your firewall is on or off, if it is off then switch it on. After that using Windows defender, try to remove it, if it not working then again try to scan your computer with MacAfee. If it is detecting it then try to delete it. if still it doesn’t works for you then run windows defender in safe mode, it will surely do it for you. So just try with it and All the Best!

Hey that’s perfectly right, I have read above post and as per my knowledge I can say that starting windows in safe mode is the best option. If above step is not working for you then I have an alternative for you. Go to safe mode, delete all the process that you are running to delete malware from autorun, after doing that scan your computer with updated antivirus and see that it is detecting virus or not. As per my knowledge it will surely detect it and you will get success in it. reply to this post if you solve your problem.

Hi all, I have gone through to the above mention question and answer. I am agreed with firewall and defender option, but guys frankly speaking I don’t trust McAfee, as have come under its trap. If above steps doesn’t work for you, and then just do the following step:

• Download AVZ antivirus from its official website
    • Start your PC in safe mode
    • Scan your whole computer

Keep in mind that it is not necessary that you install this sofwate on PC, it can also scan from Disc or USB drive. It will not allow you to use any application and also it will disconnect your current antivirus at the time of scanning. So beware and just do it, it will definitely solve your problem.

Hello friends, after reading the name of virus I did some search on it and I came to know that this virus can attack you if your navigator is reoriented to its website. This happens due to pirate of navigator that runs on the computer, and the pirate of navigator is a vital Trojan which is made to modify the reports of DNS and Host value. This virus damages the register and installs malware on computer which does too much effect to your computer. So as per my suggestion, if you solve your problem don’t ever come under it. and AVZ is good antivirus. So all the best!

Hello friends, I am completely agreed with above all statements. I have also done some research and got some important news for you all. When malware gets installed to your computer it starts to corrupt your data. When you browse internet and click on some of the popular website, the search engine links get redirected at directdr website, after that directdr malware prevents itself to get detected from antivirus, which creates the slower speed of computer. So guys beware of it and don’t ever mess up with it. Thank you.

Hey man, thanks to all. I was searching for the same answer only. But I was quite sure that I will get the satisfactory answer on this forum only. I tried with firewall and windows defender but due to McAfee I was not able to come out of this, even I tried with uninstall of it and installation of AVZ, it helped me bit, it has just block the Trojan but didn’t delete it, again it was not on the satisfactory level for me. After that when I read the above 2 posts, I did more search on it and I got the solution for it and I removed it. so just want to say thanks to all.