Thread: Ad hoc mode of Peer to peer wireless network in windows 7

Ad hoc mode of Peer to peer wireless network in windows 7

Recently I install windows 7 operating system and establish the peer to peer wireless connection. I do this task using the help of the expert network engineer. I need help to understand the basic procedure of this ad hoc mode of the peer to peer connection. The network engineer says me that Wi-Fi connection present in this network. If somebody have knowledge about it then please share it. I need help to understand this concept.

Re: Ad hoc mode of Peer to peer wireless network in windows 7

Imagine the condition where you need to share some files within the network and you have not establish the connection in this network. You want to set up a temporary wireless network. If you had installed Windows 7 or Vista operating system then the ad hoc mode of wireless peer to peer network help you to establish this temporary network. In this network the two or more computer should be placed within 9 meters of each other. Then the connection is easily established into network.

Hey dude, I must tell you the exact process of this network. This process helps to urgently and temporary build the network connection. First go to Network and Sharing Center in win 7 and then click Set up a new connection option. Then select Set up a wireless ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network and click next. Then click the Next button and follow the remaining process for build this wireless peer to peer network. You can also view this process in the manual of the win 7 OS.

Hey dude, may be you not know but the ad-hoc mode of the peer to peer network is one of the methods of wireless connectivity devices. This method help to directly communicate with each other. That is this mode help to communicate directly to the destination without using extra path for connection. In ad-hoc mode, all wireless devices communicate each other using this peer-to-peer fashion without involving extra wireless devices. It also not uses any central access points for internal communication. I think you understand the ad hoc mode of network.

I must want to add some point in this post that an ad-hoc network contain a small group of devices all wireless devices. These devices are placed with each other very closely. The performance of this ad hoc network is very good but it only helpful for the small network. If the network goes become large then it becomes difficult to manage. This network is suitable for the temporary connection and it does not require gateway or any other router for connectivity purpose.

I also establish this network in mine network and I must tell you that it works so nicely. This network does not require extra hardware or any other extra peripheral devices such as bridge, router and so on. I installed it in between the 5 computer and still now I never faced any kind of collision between these network connections. I think this would be the one of the easiest wireless network which easily help for the sharing different file in between the small network.

The ad hoc modes of peer to peer wireless network make sense when needing to build a small. This network does not require extra money for building the network connection. If anyone has wanted to build this network then don’t require extra hardware. He can use the internal facility present in the system and the network will take small time for establishment of the connection. As we know that this network contains one drawback that if we try to increase the network size then the network would be goes to the failure.