Thread: Web pages go static when passed through IPS

Web pages go static when passed through IPS

I have been having this issue from a long time and would tell you that this has really been very annoying for me .The thing is that we have server that host site with multiple server. And the site uses both static and dynamic page. Now the dynamic page works perfect but static page didn't. We have two IPS in cluster mode. Right now we by pass IPS1 and static page work well when it reach IPS1. But the problem is that the Web pages go static when passed through IPS. So please do get back to me as I am waiting for the solutions.

Re: Web pages go static when passed through IPS

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and would say that when the user access that page the do they go static.Also I would like to know that does the pages reach IPS2. Or is it just like the pages just loads very slow and then they just stops going further. If such is the case then I feel that you might need to check the IPS for that reason.I guess that the IPS must be having some kind of problem and you need to immediate fix them to get away with this issue.

This is something that I have checked for the first time and even I searched for the solutions on this particular issue. I would say that I am still investigate with vendor and they still don't know what cause the static page to load slowly when it's go to IPS2.But there must be some reason for this and I guess that what you can do is you can just try to pass the static pages through the IPS1 instead of IPS 2 and I am sure that this will help you. Try working on this solution and then do get back to me if it works.

According to me you can definitely go ahead with the solutions that is provided in the previous solution but to be frank I don't know your scenario and hence I just assume that your setup has a failover IP and that is the reason why you change to the second IP to make it slows down loading static pages.I would say that this is what you need to do to get away with the issue. Also the caching of the static pages are normally cached as opposed to dynamic ones. So this is what you need to remember and then there wont be problem.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have provided and would say that this is something that I was looking out for. I just went through them and I will definitely work on them.I feel that once I use then then the problem would get vanished.Also if there so a problem with me while using this solutions then I will definitely get back to you.So finally I would like to thank you for the solutions that you have provided and would like to appreciate you for that.