Thread: Automatic scanning of USB flash drive

Automatic scanning of USB flash drive

I am getting very annoyed with the problem of antivirus and would tell you that it has been a real cause of worry. The thing is that I want to know is there any device that just find for the Antivirus program to automatically block and start scanning the USB Flash Drive, CD or Floppy when they are inserted in the computer and then allow users to open it? Please do get back to me on this as I am waiting for the solutions on this issue.

Re: Automatic scanning of USB flash drive

I just had a look at the question and would tell you that you will have to disable auto play or the auto run.This is the major step that you need to take. You will find the auto play or the auto run from your hard disk as well as USB drive. Now once you go there then what you need to do is that you have to open command prompt and type the word X and this has to be followed by the colon. This is what you need to do.Also along with this you just have to type the delauto run and this is again important step.Once you do this then I am sure that there wont be any issues with it.

I would say that the previous solution is proper and would say that these are the same steps that you need to follow to solve the problem that you are facing.But at the same time I would suggest you that this is an incomplete solutions that is begin provided.What I mean to say is that you have to type del autorun in each of the drives. So what this will do is that it will also scan the USB drive and then you may scan it with an anti-virus.This will definitely solve the problem that you are facing.

I feel that there are quite a few different vendors who just ask you for such type of capability. At the same time I know that McAfee that allows you to block USB storage devices that completely scans the stick and find out the viruses in them. Or over a certain size they even prevent you from copying the files to them and then they just encrypt any files that are passed to the device. So this is what it does and then I guess that once you use then the problem will be solved.

According to me there is one more solution to this particular problem and that is simpler solution that what this one might be. I would say that this suggests an AntiVirus rule where they just scans the files access and they are often referred to as on access scan. Also at the same time it won't scan the drive in entirety and then they might even scan some file that are present before it being run and that may even suit your situation better.So this is what I do feel you need to do to solve the problem that you are facing.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you provided as I worked on them the same way as you said and the problem just diminished quickly . I did follow the same instructions that were present over there and the problem just went away. I would also say that these solutions should be used by all the people who are facing a similar problem. SO finally I would like to thank you all for the solutions that you have provided and would say that this had really helped me to solve the problem.