Thread: What is "Ghost Computer" at my home network?

What is "Ghost Computer" at my home network?

Hey guys, I am suffering through a strange problem on my home PC. I had set up a network at my place and I can see many other computers are connected in my network, which is not supposed to be there in my network. There is only one PC which is mine in the network and I am able to see 3 to 4 computer in network and I am using Windows 7 ultimate 64bit. Even I am facing such problem like Microsoft Essential is running but it doesn’t come up, I think there is ghost inside my computer. Can anyone one help with this network issue? Thanks a lot in advance for your replies.

Re: What is "Ghost Computer" at my home network?

Hello, I have seen your problem and I wanted to say that I have also suffered through to the same problem. Even I was having following problem:

• I was not able to ping other computers
    • nslookup was not able to resolve them
    • Clicking them were giving the network error like “The network path was not found”

After that I set up my network again and the result was ok, however up to some extent I got success in it. you also try to do the same. All the Best!

Hey this is the very common error on the network. I have also faced such error and I wanted to share some of my experience with you all. When I was getting this error I tried to check in Sysinternals tcpview, and when I did the scan I got message like “nothing suspicious going on”, after that I again checked in network and those other PCs were still there on the network. After that I tried to some changes in firewall setting on and off again and again, and I got the solution. As per my advice you must set the firewall again, because sometime big error can be solved by small changes in the system.

Hi to all, I am completely agreed with above two posts. Those who are having the personal network setup, they must have suffered from the same situation. Firewall is better option than again setting up whole network, because it is kind of headache work. When I was having the error, the only thing I knew was Mac address which was connected to router, and I was not able to see any PC-ghosts in attached device. I have also tried to do some changes in OFC wireless security, but it was compromised, they would show up as attached in router log. But changing in wireless security worked for me and I got through to the problem and same advice for you also. All the Best!

Hello friends, I have gone through to all above posts and I am also agreed with those posts. Well in this case I have one solution for those who are having the problem. As per the question I am having some doubt that you might be directly connected to wireless router, and if you are directly connected to to wireless router, then directly turnoff the router. If you are not directly connected, then go to router and check device on the network and direct delete those other computer from log which are stuck over there. All the Best

Hello everyone, I have expected the same from you. I knew that I will get the answer at satisfactory level, that’s the reason I always put my question on this forum. After got bored of the same problem again and again, now I am happily able to use my network without ghost computers.
    After reading all post I tried the above all steps, I checked for firewall setting, I took a look at nslookup and sysinternaltcpview, but nothing was working for me. After that I got the solution of direct switch off the router as I was directly connected to wireless device. I did the same thing I got success in fixing my problem. Thanks a lot again.