Thread: How to encrypt wireless network

How to encrypt wireless network

Hello. I have a wireless network in my house. However, I am a little worried about security. I tried several times to encrypt the wireless network, so you can be sure that nobody is going to gain unauthorized access. However, he was not capable to configure correctly, because I do not know much about wireless security and all the choices presented in the router configuration page. Could you help me encrypt my home wireless network?

re: How to encrypt wireless network

Hello. You have several options to encrypt the wireless network. You will see these options to access the wireless security page in the configuration function routers. Perhaps the better security choice is "WEP". You have to generate the key and then utilize this key on the computer your whole network. Computers without this key will be capable to connect to a network, but cannot send or receive data. By which you can encrypt the wireless network security.

As per my knowledge the router is most likely the box connected through a network cable to your modem. To connect to it, you'll need a computer already connected to the network that the router / access point is. After this you will go start and then Control Panel and then Network Connections and after this you will double-click the connections to the wireless network and then after go to the Support tab and see at the address it is called as "Default Gateway", which is probably 192.168.1.1. Type this address in your web browser and connects you to the router. You, in fact, need the password for the router. Note that any other person using the router / access point to connect your system must have re-configured, so, one time encryption is enabled, so make sure to let them know very well what you are doing at first place.

I have to surprise why you would think these things are so clearly problematic. If you have before now a stable connection should not have to see again, and these do not pose any problems if allowed to after everything else is done (including resolution of any connection problems.) If you're connection is not stable, then I would say, leave them out. Until you can get a new access point / router. Maybe if you have business-class team has done to handle hundreds of connections, then you will never experience, and perhaps be better to leave them out, but if you're dealing with a Netgear $ 40 in a home situation, then you could save some headaches. On a practical level it will be a neighbor or nuisance war driver candidate who will deal with most, so that these measures would be sufficient to deflect.

I would like to suggest you that you can encrypt the wireless network security just fallow the some specific rules. I recently saw the tools easily available on the net. Without much effort you can find a commercial network and saw they are using WEP for security. By this tool you can secure your wireless network. And also you will have to go into the control panel and will require some additional setting into the control panel. Then you can able to secure the wireless network.

I would like to suggest you that first you will check working with wireless network security identification and you will modify the SSID to something and manufacture are default setting and you will stop distribution of your SSID. You can see more detail on the Google. But you should first check your SSID identification. It is also belong to the key you can generate key and this key use on your computer for whole network by which your computer will be connect to the network. Fallow these steps. For settings you have to go on Google.