Thread: How to configure repeater for PPPoE Connection?

How to configure repeater for PPPoE Connection?

I am having the PPPoE connection with a linksys WRT54G router (working fine) and am now attempting to setup the Edimax EW-7206APg to expand my wireless connection assortment. I pursue the instructions specified on Edimax manual and as my devices got connected to fresh repeater network I am not able to access Internet as of it. I might be incorrect but an instruction on Edimax looks to be a DHCP connection. Is there something dissimilar I require doing for configuring Edimax repeater on the PPPoE connection?

Re: How to configure repeater for PPPoE Connection?

These devices are totally translucent once they are configured then they just require IP for configuring them. The PPPoE is used on the device unswervingly attached to the ISP (which is your router) something past that uses ordinary Ethernet otherwise wireless. To begin with do not try to modify to address for the repeater. Also do not allow the DHCP feature going on this box it will quarrel through your router.

Your ending devices must show IP addresses received as of the router. If not then you do not actually include a connection flanked by this WAN and your router then ensure you put it to repeater mode. After it all functions then go return and change the IP address to something within the range you use on your router. This is mostly so you don't manually change your PC address every time you want to make a change. A lot of people just leave it since once it works you generally don't ever touch it again.

It means to modify IP to 10.10.0.x range. But this is more problem once you really get it to work. You will just make use of this address to build changes. To start through leave it the default. I would run off a PC connected to LAN port of extender as you attempt to hook up with a new PC to wireless. These devices contain no idea of IP when they are in operation. They just get signal into on antenna plus transmit it out new. They do not see to the IP addresses. All IP addresses must be controlled as of the router. From the picture I would expect the WAN side of the extender is not communicating to router correctly.

You will not require DNS otherwise something else. The repeater will not communicate to something from internet. See to the manual for the device and it does not contain much within troubleshooting tools. First ensure that you are having the DHCP disabled it will reason you many headaches. There are only 2 choices for it. First one will show a list of clients. You must looks at your computer in the list on repeater. This way at least wireless on PC is accurate and is connected to repeater. The second one is a site review and allows you pick router to join as well. You must see the router within this list while you run it. It seems that it will put some of setting only by performing this assortment.

hi
    iam aslo using pppoe connection
    i configaur my linksys WRT54GH router
    in status it shows connected
    but icon't browse wireless in my iphone

pls how to config it

Quote Originally Posted by vijay_1279 View Post
    hi
    iam aslo using pppoe connection
    i configaur my linksys WRT54GH router
    in status it shows connected
    but icon't browse wireless in my iphone

pls how to config it
    Can you tell us whether you regularly connect automatically to any other Wi-Fi networks without issue and is this isolated to your wireless router/network only? Did you look at the Linksys web site to see if a firmware upgrade is available? I also had a similar problem and after upgrading the firmware of the router to the latest my issue was resolved.