Thread: Nfsv4 Timeout error in Cent OS

Mykola Guest

Nfsv4 Timeout error in Cent OS

Hello friend, recently I bought Toshiba laptop and it contains NFS server version 4. This will most helpful for allow the client user to access the files over network. The nfsv4 is a Network File system developed by Sun Microsystems in 1984 and I installed it on the Cent OS. But now it creates so much error message. When I try to access the nfs server then it gives error message. The error message is to be server not responding, time out. I need help to solve the trouble.

Re: Nfsv4 Timeout error in Cent OS

The NFS works on Linux and UNIX like operating systems and it can mount file system over a network. This NFS is suitable for sharing files or directories over the network. Normally this time out error indicate that the connection is not established very well in between the client and the server. You need to check the connection in between the client and the server. You can be use different commands for testing this connection. The manual will provide this command information.

Sometime it could be possible that the trouble is generated by some supported software of the network did not work very well. The firewall will help to establish the secure connection and it does not allow them to enter the unsecure connection. Then you need to check the configurations of the firewall and if it gets some problem then reconfigure this firewall. You can refer the default process and change the firewall setting. It helps you to reconfigure the firewall.

Hey, I think you need to check the port of the network. Normally we can use the TCP or UDP or other kind of port for establishing the network. Then we need to mount this port number. There could be possible that the client or server port number did not work and hence the NFS server is goes into the time out condition. If the port number of the machine did not work then it could be possible that the network goes into the time out condition and the server not responding error occurred.

Hey, I have faced the same kind of trouble and I did not able to solve that trouble. I installed this nfs using the expert advice. The network engineer helps me to establish this connection. Now it creates this server not responding, time out error message. So, I think that this is loose connection issue and then I check the connection but it is fine. So, I contact the engineer and they help me to solve the trouble. I think you also need to contact the engineer and it helps you to solve the trouble.

Hey I think you need to reconfigure the entire network. It helps you to solve the trouble. There could be possible that the trouble is present in the network and if any solution does not work then we need to reconfigure the entire network. I think you already know the reconfiguration process of the network. Then follow this process and reestablish the NFS network into the system. Then use this process and it definitely helps you to solve the trouble.

I also faced the same kind of trouble and I found that the issue is present in the network. The client machine I want to connect is to be already having the trouble. Hence the connection is time out and it does not give the response. Then I check the configuration of the nfs server and I found that the server does not work very well. Then I reconfigure the server and it help to solve the trouble. I think you also need to check the connection of the network. You definitely find the solution over it.