Thread: ZyXEL Zyair G-220 router adapter not working

ZyXEL Zyair G-220 router adapter not working

Hello guys, I recently upgraded my Windows XP running desktop PC to Windows 7. I have got Zyair G-220 router adapter at my place for Internet connection. After the recent update from Windows XP to Windows 7, the Zyair G-220 router adapter stopped functioning. I am unable to find out what must have caused thus problem to occur with my adapter. So does anyone know what I must do to get my problem solved? Even now, to post this thread in your forum I have to visit a Cyber café. Please help me by giving me few solutions.

re: ZyXEL Zyair G-220 router adapter not working

As you had updated your computer form Windows XP to Windows 7, you also need to update your Zyair G-220 router adapter drivers. Mostly the earlier driver which you had installed in your Windows XP must have got erased. So just install the necessary drivers for your Zyair G-220 router adapter by using the provided drivers’s CD. You must have got the drivers CD when you had purchased the router. Don’t forget this time you have to install drivers for Windows 7 Operating system and not Windows XP.

I would suggest you to search for Zyair G-220 router adapter drivers on Internet. You will surely find it over there. Just download the drivers from some secure website like the official website of ZyXEL in your system and install it in your Windows 7 running computer. Make sure that you are downloading the drivers for your Windows 7 OS only. If you download the drivers of some other Windows OS, other than Windows 7 then it won’t work properly. Once you have installed the necessary drivers, restart your router as well as your system. After restart you will find your router working again in your system.

You must contact the store from where you purchased your Zyair G-220 router adapter. Ask the store guys to give you the proper drivers CD for your router that will be installed in Windows 7 OS. You probably will have to purchase the new drivers CD, so you will probably have to spend some money for it. The new drivers CD will probably solve your issue. Once you have installed the necessary drivers for your router, just restart the router and PC and enjoy your working router again. Once it starts working, make sure that you upgrade the drivers to the latest available updates for the same on Internet.

Dude, I also faced this problem. In my case, I also had updated my windows and I completely forgot about my router. Later after updating the windows XP to Windows 7 I came to know that the adapter won’t work well with the new OS, as I was not able to find the drivers for the router. Thus I feel that if you are unable to find the proper working drivers for your router adapter then unlucky either you have to roll back your system, back to Windows XP or you have to end up purchasing new router adapter for your Windows 7 mobile.

Re: ZyXEL Zyair G-220 router adapter not working

Dude after searching a lot I came across this file which contains the necessary drivers that you need. Search for xLink Kai And ZyDas - Vista.rar on Internet and you will be finding many download links for the same. Visit any of your choice which you feel is safe for you to download from. Download the file. It is a .rar file, so you will need WinRar software to remove the encryption nad use the setup. Once you have done this mush, install only the ZyDas software as the other one is not required for your problem. Install it and perform restart. After restart check if your problem is solved or not.