Thread: Does Microsoft Security Essential (MSE) deals with Keylogger

Does Microsoft Security Essential (MSE) deals with Keylogger

Hey guys I have this particular problem. The keyloggers problem is not uncommon these days. And also recently I have been facing lots of problem while I am making keystrokes in my keyboard. The keystrokes response had delayed and sometimes the keyboard keeps changing to French. Which is why, I am more worried about the keyloggers and their problems. So I wanted to know whether the Microsoft Security Essential can handle Keylogger problems efficiently. Please, help me by posting your suggestions for my problem that would clear my doubts.

Re: Does Microsoft Security Essential (MSE) deals with Keylogger

Keylogger are responsible to tracking down the action that you perform on your keyboard i.e. the keystrokes. Thus the users are not always aware that their actions are monitored and are getting recorded. Microsoft Security Essential is very good security software and it does come with keylogger (keystroke logging) removal feature in it. Thus the MSE can efficiently remove the keyloggers from your system. And if you think there are some keyloggers left out which can’t be detected by the Microsoft Security Essential then I would suggest you to submit your suggestion to the following Microsoft Security support.

I would suggest you to keep your Microsoft Security Essential updated so that your system is always kept protected from the virus or malware or other infectious attacks. Also make a point to perform full system scan every now and then. That will always keep you updated with the performance of your antivirus and virus detection. Also you are assuming that delay in keyboard typing might be because of keylogger. But according to me it must be happening because of some issue with the Human Computer Interaction Device.

Perform complete system scan and check out if the MSE is detecting any sort of infection in your system. If it doesn’t then it is good. And even after that you have got some doubts and want to get them solved then I would recommend you to visit the following Microsoft Security Essential website and clear all your doubts. The technical staffs of Microsoft Security Essentials are the perfect people to clear all your doubts regarding any matter with the Microsoft Essential Software.

Thank you, guys for you kind and generous replies. Thanks for your quality time and efforts. So now I have got a clear info about the MSE and what it does. But now I have come across some other issue. I had read it somewhere that along with protection from Internet, MSE can also remove old files. But I can’t find that feature to be working. I recently find out some old files dated back to 2005. I will be really thankful if someone came forward to clear my doubts as well. Thanks in advance for your support.

Why do you forget that Microsoft Security Essential is Anti-Malware and Anti-Spyware and not some kind of registry cleaner? The process of removing old files is done by Registry cleaners. For cleaning your registry you can either make use of Windows in-built Disk cleanup or else you can make use of some Third-party software like the CCleaner or TuneUp Utilities. You can search for these two softwares on Internet and install them, either anyone or both, in your system. They both are very simple to use, so you will easily be able to understand the functioning of these softwares.