Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2011

system got affected with "MS Removal Tool"

Hello guys, I am having a virus issue with my laptop. My brother was using it since last two months when I was away. While surfing on internet he was not using the security software program and so the system got affected by the "MS Removal Tool" malware infection. I tried to download Nortan antivirus software from the internet but malware prevents and block every downloads. I can enter the safe mode by hitting F2, but after that what should I do. Should I purchase the Norton antivirus from the store and install it. How to do it in the safe mode. Can anybody please help me to get rid of this problem.
Old 05-05-2011

Re: system got affected with "MS Removal Tool"

It is true that the malware infection prevents downloading of any program from the internet. It also prevents any program from running correctly. you need an anti malware tool to get rid of this infection. In this case download the anti malware into some other computer and copy it to the disc or the flash drive. After that run the disc or the flash drive into your laptop. Run the anti malware tool that you have downloaded, when you are in the safe mode.there are many anti malware tools available but I suggest you to go with Malwarebytes anti malware program.
Old 05-05-2011

You need to download following tools, Rkill.exe, Rkill.com and Rkill.scr from the internet if you are not allowed to download it from your laptop than download the tools from some another computer and copy it into the flash drive. After that start your laptop in "Safe Mode with Networking? and run the tools that you have downloaded. Rkill.exe, Rkill.com and Rkill.scr are three different versions. If the first one fails to run than try with the other one. When you run the tool a black window will open and close in a flash. After that right click on the file and select run as Admin. The tool will be installed in the system.
Old 05-05-2011

After you have run the Rkill tool on the system immediately run or install MalwareBytes and Super Antispyware installer and proceed to update the file. Note: do not start the computer immediately after running the Rkill. Before downloading the Malwarebytes and Super Antispyware into the system just rename the program installer "mbam-setup.exe" file as "Gogetum.exe" and then download it and copy it to disc or flash drive. After installing the MalwareBytes and Super Anti spyware, run the update. Now you can run the ful system scan and delete the infectious file that is found.
Old 05-05-2011

After you have wiped out the ?MS Removal tool? malware from the computer you should be able to connect to the internet. In case you are not able to connect to the internet then you need to configure the internet settings and check your network proxy settings. You can check the network proxy settings in the internet explore window. Just open the internet explorer and then click on the Tools. From here select Internet options and click on the Connection Tab. Now click the LAN settings button and there you will find a checkbox button by the side of "Use a proxy server for your LAN". If the check mark appears in the checkbox , then uncheck it
Old 06-05-2011

Hey guys thank you all for your kind support and suggestions. After running Rkill and installng MalwareBytes and Super Antispyware into the system I was still unable to connect to the internet. So I had to configure the internet settings by opening the internet explorer window and then clicking on tools. Then selected internet options and then and clicked on Connection Tab. Then clicking the LAN settings button, I had to uncheck the check box by the "Use a proxy server for your LAN". After going through all these steps, I was able to connect through internet. Than you all again.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,