Thread: What firewall is recommended for beginners

What firewall is recommended for beginners

I need help with firewall recommendations for those who are entirely new to security. It does not matter what kind of operating system they use, but the security is always a matter of concern and there are lot to think on that. For basic I recommend to stick with the default Windows firewall which is enough and quiet nice. But I think there must be an additional support for an third party tool also. What are the antivirus program you recommend for the this. Thanks.

Re: What firewall is recommended for beginners

I have not tried all these, but I have seen a few programs such as the Panda and Norton which are very well in their jobs and they also have many updates for the same. I tried something else than that but there are some things where it does not work with inputs and outputs of programs. The McAfee, meets all of the above for norton and panda, with the addition of having rules that contradict themselves, so random effects in certain circumstances, which is not very reliable. There are other more things that you can try on.

ZoneAlarm is not bad and and it is also light, but in my opinion suffers from the failure of making information. Of course, if you do not want to be worried about the firewall, this is not a problem. In that place you can use Black ice which is an is small and manageable, but not easily configurable, apart from having several memory-resident files, which complicates certain features or operations on the computer. It also has problems many times to determine if a team is making a legal connection or not, so that is somewhat helpful to an extent.

I will recommend you to go with Outpost Firewall. The reason behind the same is that it is easy to install and configure. The other important feature of the same is that it is an very good free version which you can try without paying for the same. I had used this and found that it does not consumes a large amount of your system resources. There are some five levels of security support provided in the same. I will recommend you to give a try for the same first and then check back.

I had used before KPF. It is also called as Kerio Personal Firewall. The reason for the same is that it gives you a choice between Simple mode or forward mode. It is recommended for an maximum amount of users which lets them to choose an simple options to configure its system. You might had not heard much about the same but the tool is better to use and you can just give a try for the same. You can also use the same over servers.