Thread: Atheros AR5007 not working with CentOS 5.5

Atheros AR5007 not working with CentOS 5.5

I had insert Atheros AR5007 802.11 b/g Wifi adaptor wireless network device on HP laptop. First two week it works without any issue and it provides satisfied wifi connectivity but now it generates some error. See, whenever I try to use this device then it gives the error message of “Error for wireless request ". I want to solve this error message. Currently I work on Centos 5.5 OS and before that I was loaded vist on it. Any type of suggestions will be appreciates.

Re: Atheros AR5007 not working with CentOS 5.5

Hey dude, you need to first check that the wireless device you used is whether supports the Centos 5.5 Linux based operating system or not. For checking this device compatibility you can use the lsmod or grep ath command. When you run this command it gives the list which indicates that whether this card compatible with the Centos 5.5 OS or not. If the model is present in the list then definitely this device supports the Centos OS.

This kind of trouble indicates that the issue is occurred because of the device card failure or the Network Manager of the Centos 5.5 OS will be failure. In most of the Network Manager of the Centos 5.5 OS will be creates some issue and hence the trouble is occurred. In that kind of case you need to On this Network Manager. You can do this by using the chkconfig NetworkManager off and if it is off then set this to the ON condition. Then it helps you to solve the trouble.

You can use the UNIX command to check that the Atheros AR5007 wireless device is currently presents in the system or not. You can run the lspci command which will gives the detail information of the all PCI buses and devices in the system. Then if you cannot see the wireless device on the list then it indicates that there is some kind of loose connections happens in that. Then check the connection of this device and if it is wrong then reestablished it very well. Then check the trouble. I think it solve your trouble.

I also faced the same kind of issue in this system. Recently I try to access the wireless device but it cannot work in the Centos 5.5 and then I use this lspci command to see that the device is present in the system or not. Then I never see the name of this device in the list. I also use the other lsmod command to see that it is presents in the system or not. But the result is not positive. So, finally I check and reestablish the wireless device connections in the laptop. Now it works very well without giving any trouble.

I had never need to try this kind of solutions. When I use the lspci command then it indicates the device is connected in the system. So, I understand that the trouble is presents in the software of the system. After searching I understand that the driver of the device needs for upgrading. So, I use some external source and try to upgrade the driver of the device. Then I realized that the connected wireless device will gives the full performance.

Hey, I also faced the same kind of issue and I never idea about this trouble. I try to check the device card is properly connected or not and the result is positive. Then I upgrade the driver of the device but it cannot help to solve the trouble. Then finally I contact the service provider. It helps me to fix and solve this error of the system. I think you also need to contact the service provider and may be it solves the trouble of the system.