Thread: McAfee vs AVG Anti-Virus Programs

McAfee vs AVG Anti-Virus Programs

Hello guys. How are you all. What’s up? I hope things are fine at your end. I want to install an antivirus into my system. So, Just wanted to know from you guys whether mcAfee or AVG is the antivirus to go for. Also, how about installing both into the system. Will that make a difference. Guys do reply and let me know which one should I go for. Please let me know the pros and the cons of the both. Thanks in advance for replying. I really appreciate it.

Re: McAfee vs AVG Anti-Virus Programs

Hey mate, according to me, McAfee is a finer product as an anti-virus program, but no superior, in my opinion than AVG. The profit of McAfee are that you get to pay for it. As per my knowledge, one profit of avg over mcafee is that is does not have the activities running in the background. Also, when we look at the installation, un installation and the configuration processes, it is very simple when we compare it with mcAfee.

Hey firstly, I would like to advise you that should not have more than one antivirus installed into your system. Only One Antivirus keeps energetic in your computer. If you want to install another one. Then first uninstall the first one and then install the new one. So, do not have any second thoughts on that. Also, I feel McAfee more or less constantly slows down any computer. It appears to run like a complete crap, with extended hourglass gaps for no obvious cause all the way through a common Windows session.Hence my opinion for AVG.

Hey dude, I would like to tell you that I'm a system builder and I see lots of anti-virus software. Regrettably, McAfee is a system hog and makes use of lot of resources and disk space. AVG is also satisfactory but not great. According to me, I would suggest you that you should come out of either MaCfee or AVG and go for Microsoft Essentials . Lately, I find it to be the best anti virus and also the best part is that it is freely available , so no harm giving it a try.

Hi. I would like to tell you that you should not listen to too many people and get confused. Still there are avira, Norton and many other which have a good place in market as an antivirus. I am telling this because while selecting antivirus you will get various opinions from different people and unnecessarily complicate the situation. Hence, I would imply you that the final decision depends on you and as per your requirements you should be selecting the antivirus.

Hi I have used both the anti viruses that you have mentioned above and I somewhere find AVG to be to be at the same level as compared to McAfee. You just need to keep in mind to keep updating the antivirus on a regular basis, However, if you surf the internet, you will find that the rating of AVG is above all, but on a personal front I hardly find much difference. Also, I have use comodo anti virus. Even, that wont be a bad option.

Using two different Antivirus makes conflict on both Antivirus it makes scanning viruses more complicated or cannot scan virus at all. For me I've already use an AVG and it works good for me and I'm not familiar with mcafee.