Thread: AVG antivirus shows “Important Software Update Available” pop-up

AVG antivirus shows “Important Software Update Available” pop-up

Hey guys I am looking for some suggestions related to the AVG 2011 antivirus which is installed in my computer which is running windows Vista Operating System in it. Actually, today morning, I received a pop-up form AVG which has the following message which said “Important Software available”. So I wanted to know what this pop-up all about is. It will be very nice of you guys to do a small favor on me and explain me what exactly it is all about. Thank you in advance.

Re: AVG antivirus shows “Important Software Update Available” pop-up

As the message says, the popup belongs to the newest update provided by AVG. So I would recommend you to install the new update as it is recommended by AVG. It is very necessary to keep your antivirus, in your case AVG, updated, both its virus definitions and program database. This will assure that the AVG antivirus provides you with the maximum protection from any kind of virus attacks and malicious germs. Make sure that you reboot your system after you are done installing the new updates. This will bring the changes made into effect.

I installed the updates as you mentioned and after installing the update recommended in the pop-up, I started facing boot problems. When I rebooted my system, I was shocked noticing that I won’t be able to boot my system. I tried booting the system using safe mood, but it is also not helping me. Finally I used last known good configuration, and luckily it worked to get my system back. Can anyone tell me what the matter with the system is after installing the new update? Please help me.

You should perform Hard Drive check and then reinstall the AVG antivirus 2011 in your system. You can perform chkdsk scan and solve the issue. Once you have completed the process, visit the official website of AVG and download the latest available AVG antivirus 2011 from there. Make sure that you allow the chkdsk scan to get completed. It will be taking lot of time. Once you have completed with hard drive check, you system will automatically boot.

According to me this is some kind of bogus bad software which are issued to only few AVG users. Or it might be some kind of corrupt update which might be causing this issue with your AVG and then your system. So I would suggest you to wait for AVG to solve the issues by themselves and provide its users with new update which is a working one. May be then all the features of AVG will start working fine. If still nothing is getting solved then it is better if you try some other working antivirus instead of AVG.

I wanted to share a very important information with you guys. Most of the updates for the AVG programs which are released are made available only for few groups of random people. This reduces the pressure and load from the Update servers. This is a very common method of distributing not so important non-critical updates of the software. Only the updates for Virus definitions are made available for all the users at the same time, as they are very important and critical data. But if the update is related to GUI of AVG, then it will take time to make it available for all.

The pop up means would be you should update your AVG for new possible virus update because your antivirus maybe out of date and it could not monitor new virus that can affect your computer. It is also possible that your antivirus has a problem that you need to check.