Thread: “VDB check failed” on AVG internet security 2011.

“VDB check failed” on AVG internet security 2011.

I have recently downloaded and installed the AVG internet security 2011 on my system, on which Windows 7 is installed. It has showed me VDB check failed on the AVG virus it also says the same on anti spyware and also resident shield is not active on the system. I am switched from Avast to AVG paid version, AVG have such kind of issues with the free version but it’s very annoying when you are using the paid version, I have never faced such kind of problem on Avast. Please help.

Re: “VDB check failed” on AVG internet security 2011.

You can try the following method to uninstall the AVG and then download and install the fresh copy of AVG. Just follow the given steps,
    1> Go to the “control panel” and then “Add/remove programs” from there ininstall the AVG.
    2> Restart your system.
    3> Then from AVG web site download the AVG removal Tool which will remove all the traces of AVG.
    4> Again restart your system.
    5> Install the latest available copy of AVG from the website.

Well I had faced such type of problem with my system and it was because of Norton I used the Norton removal tool but still the same problem so I downloaded the the Hitman and Malwarebytes to be sure that nothing is left from the AVG previous version or the AVG is not catching some malwares or viruses. It worked for me, hope it will also work for you. You can search for those application on Google and you will easily get the downloading link.

Well guys I had similar problem I had tried all the given solutions from you guys they did worked but only for few days so I will recommend you the Ccleaner which I used to remove to clean the registry which Antivirus removal tools doesn’t perform very well. After the 3rd step in above given solution used the Ccleaner and then reinstall the latest AVG2011 hope that will work for you. But remove all the folders of AVG before using the AVG you can find those folders in the following path - C:\program files (x86)\
    - C:\program data\
    - C:\Users\<user name>\appdata\roaming\

First of all I want to thank all of you to give me different possible solution for which I was looking but didn’t find on the other web sites, this is the only web site very I got all the possible solution. And yes the last solution clicked for me. As the above user said that I had tried all the other solution but they all were temporary solution so I used the last solution and now all problems are solved. All because of your help guys, thank you.