Thread: How to Install New Server with centos 5

How to Install New Server with centos 5

Hello guys I would like to setting up a centos 5 server. But I don't have any idea about it. (Will be make use of the same as a mail server)I believe that previously completed the installation however wish for to make in no doubt that the entire IP's that I require it resting on it is working. How possibly will I confirm that the server is awake and running? And even I want to information about some new software for these centos 5? How could I install this software with these centos 5? Please help me. Thank you.

Re: How to Install New Server with centos 5

Hello I am having some information about these server settings. Please follow the following things which I maintained. First you have to install Centos. And after that you have to install Apache or whichever web servers with it. Subsequently you have to install MySql. After that, install PHP in your system. And after installation of this software you have to check the firewall configuration. And in that you have to configure allot of services for example Mail server.

Hello, please refer the following steps. There's a especially quick technique to check your mail server is awake and running. Telnet is an extremely old however it’s a good technique to find it.
    Initially telnet inside your local net
    $ Telnet localhost 25
    And in addition make an effort from outside your network.
    After that check the following command
    $ Telnet mailserver.yourdomain.com 25
    Both commands are supposed to return somewhat like:
    +ESMTP no matter what your server name is, after that you possibly will just have a pleasant chat through your mail server by means of entering
    EHLO mydomain.com
    Remember that several ISP's (typically homegrade IPs) filter port 25 and consequently occasionally accessing through telnet from home will not perform.

One of the first things you would like to perform is install some software on it. This document endeavor to bring together articles previously on the Centos Wiki regarding the installation of software on top of your system. It is suggested that fresh users take the time to read and recognize this documentation. The best technique to install software on top of your Centos system is to make use of the package management tools present. Centos make use of the Red Hat Package Management (RPM) system and YUM the same as a front end in the direction of it. YUM is the chosen tool for installing software resting on your system.

Nevertheless, we must be careful when you allow third party repositories, so it does not conflict with Centos packages. For example, they possibly will contain latest versions of software packages that are able to break the system. For this cause we suggest not to update packages make available through Centos with versions of the third party repositories, for the reason that it can break things. Keep in mind if you smash your system, you attain keep the pieces. To resolve this difficulty we make use of a YUM plugin called "priorities." Priorities permit us to categorize the repositories starting 1 to 99 so that the installed packages as of a repository through a lower number (higher rank) will not be overwritten or updated through a package from a repository in the company of a larger number (lowest rank).

Some RPMs for other distributions may work with Centos. Fedora RPMs are a good starting point and the reconstruction of the source RPMs in Centos team can also help. Consider building your own RPM package. If you package the software yourself, then it makes it much easier to manage updates. As an absolute last resort you can compile the package from source. Within an rpm-based distribution similar to Centos you be supposed to avoid compiling from source at any time possible for the reason that doing so may break your system and it is highly recommended that you do not go after this route.