Thread: XP Wireless Adapter does not work - HP Compaq 610 Windows 7

XP Wireless Adapter does not work - HP Compaq 610 Windows 7

I have purchased HP Compaq 610 and I have installed the windows 7and it is working absolutely fine. When u connect the internet using the cable at that time I don’t face any problem but when I try to connect internet with my wireless internet connection at that time wireless button remain as it is . it does not change from grey to blue. I have tried so many time but it doesn’t make any difference for me. I don’t know what is going wrong with my laptop. Please help me to solve this problem it will be very helpful for me.

re: XP Wireless Adapter does not work - HP Compaq 610 Windows 7

I have referred your problem. As you are not able to turn on the wireless internet connection in your laptop. According to me you have to install the wireless internet connection manually. Just insert your drivers cd in to the cd-rom . after that install the driver of wireless internet management.. Now try to use your wireless internet connection. Now you will be able to use internet easily. I hope my information will be helpful to you. If you still finding the problems with that then please let me know.

I have tried to install the wireless internet connection drivers but even after reinstalling the drivers I am still finding the same problem again and again. When install the driver and restart the laptop after it restarts the computer same problem was coming again. Now I don’t know how to solve this problem. Please if you have any more solution regarding that then please suggest me in your replay. I really need to solve that problem . please help me out with this problem

As you are saying that you are facing the same problem again even after reinstalling the drivers. If your system does not help you then according to me you should download the latest drivers from internet and install it on your laptop. But make sure before installing the new drivers uninstall the old drivers and restart the laptop. After doing the retort you can install the new drivers. I hope this solution will fix your problem. And your wireless connection will start working

If you want to solve this problem then there is one more thing which you have check in the system. You have to check in system in that whether Wireless Assistant is installed in your computer or not. if wireless assistant is not there first you will have to install the wireless assistant then only you will be able to use the internet. Without wireless assistant. Once you finished with the wireless assistant manger then download and install the drivers now you will be able to use your wireless internet.

Re: XP Wireless Adapter does not work - HP Compaq 610 Windows 7

I have checked in my laptop and as you said there were no wireless assistant installed in my laptop. So after that I downloaded the wireless assistant from internet and installed that in my laptop. And then I reinstalled the wireless driver in my computer. After doing all this things now all the things are working absolutely fine. Now I am not facing any problem with that. So thank you so much for providing me this useful information. I really appreciate your help.