Thread: How to speed up Mcafee antivirus

How to speed up Mcafee antivirus

Hello guys. Greetings to all. Well, I was looking to speed up my mcAfee's weekly full scans on my laptop ? I know that Ad Adware and Malwarebytes really take a considerable amount of time . But McAfee's time is even longer than the previous ones .Also, I am using Dell Inspiron along with Windows 7 and it is the the latest service pack. Guys your replies are really appreciated by me and I really thank you’ll for giving me suggestions.

Re: How to speed up Mcafee antivirus

Hey , there is no way to increase the speed of the scan, instead you can perform quick scan. However, even that consumes time as each and every file is scanned.Hence, scanning should be performed whenever you are free. I use Kaspersky and I am really happy with it. Hence, my suggestion will be that you should switch to Kaspersky . Also, you can give a try to norton. Microsoft Security Essentials is not a bad option at all.

Dude, firstly, I would like to bring to your notice that the pace at which McAfee VirusScan scans a computer's hard drive and registry depends very much on system resources which are present. Hence, if a sufficient amount of programs are open at the time of a scan, then macfee will be very slow. However, there is a way, you can speed up McAfee by making use of Task Manager which is a native Windows operating system application.

Hey I will guide you how to make use of task bar . Firstly, right click on the task bar. Then enter on start task manager. Then you will be required to hit the applications tab so that you will be able to see the applications. By entering programs name and then hitting end task, select applications which are not macfee virus scan. Thus, available system memory used by programs will be released, which will be accessible by macfee antivirus. Hence, finally the speed will be incremented.

Hey according to me there is no way available to speed up any of the security scans. Well, I don’t like macfee at all and I am really shocked how are you using it when there are better-quality antivirus programs like Avast and Avira, which include excellent Support Forums. I am saying this because, Comparatives.org's most dependable test is their whole product dymanic and then in late
    2010 McAfee did not take part. Hence, I would imply you that you should get away with macfee by following the specific removal instructions.