Thread: Microsoft Security Essentials Download Size

Microsoft Security Essentials Download Size

I am using windows 7 in my acer laptop and I have installed Microsoft security essentials in my system. But every day when I start my computer I always receive 2 downloads of definitions and day by day size of these keep increasing. First thing I want to know that does this new updates cumulate with previous ones and make the folder large amount of size? Please anyone who can give me proper information about this then it will be very helpful to me so please reply me with proper information.

Re: Microsoft Security Essentials Download Size

I have read you problem according to me there must be a cleanup process. Because it doesn’t make any sense to cumulate the download file without any purpose. I have personally checked that once new definition is downloading in our computer then previous one automatically deleted by system only. Only those definitions will not be deleted which system is currently using. It means the number of files you saw in folders it must be there for some purpose only otherwise it will be deleted automatically. So don’t worry about that.

After doing some research on internet There are two types of deal in downloading the update of Microsoft security essentials either we have to download daily definitions which will prevent us from malware and all other things and second is the patches updates download which is normally for dial-up users. Which will gives a package of updates together periodically. If our internet connection is good then it is advisable to go for daily definition updates it is really beneficial for our system. Hope this will be helpful to you,

in fact, I missed the information that Vista had been provided, that is why i did my original investigation on a Windows XP system. the results were similar when i take a rapid look at the Download folder on a Vista laptop . Conversely, there was only couple of older files which was downloaded before the full update, but after all there were few files were saved. Now I come to know that system automatically delete the unnecessary files. And keep the folder clean itself.

Hey thank you guys for giving me all information which I required. Now it is clear that it does not cumulate the system place but one more thing If these files are deleted automatically after some time then, I want to know that why Microsoft send those definition? What is the purpose behind that to send the updates like that only? If you can give me update for that then I will be thankful to you. please reply me as soon as possible.