Thread: cant connect with netgear wndr3300

cant connect with netgear wndr3300

I am at a loss. I recently unplugged my wireless router just to refresh everything. Now I can't get online. Everything on the router is lit up and working correctly and my 2 wireless settings are even showing up on both of my computers. Their is just no internet connectivity coming from the wireless. I've already called time warner and they have verified it isn't their modem since I can connect using an ethernet cable straight from the modem into a comp. Any ideas?? I really need help here....

Re: cant connect with netgear wndr3300

It might be possible that port which your modem is connected not working properly. Did you tried another port for connection? Also it is better to reinstall the complete network driver to your computer. Just uninstall the older one and download and install the new software from the manufacture site and see whether this is working for you or not.

To the original poster: Were you able to resolve this? I have the exact same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by burkley View Post
    To the original poster: Were you able to resolve this? I have the exact same problem.
    Have you tried to enable WPA-PSK on the router and check if you are able to connect to the wireless network on the XP computer.

1. Open the browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari) on a computer connected to the router.
    2. Access the router, usually with http://192.168.1.1 or
    3. Login to the router with the Username as "admin" and Password as "password" (please note that the Username and Password are case sensitive).
    4. Click on Wireless Settings (under Setup) from the left menu.
    5. Select security options as WPA-PSK. Enter a Password in the passphrase box. Apply the settings.

Configure XP computer:

1. Right click on My Computer icon and go to Manage.
    2. Go to Services then go to Service and Applications.
    3. Double click on Wireless Zero Configuration.
    4. Change the Start Up Type to Automatic and click on Apply.
    5. Click on Start and press OK to close the window.
    6. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'.
    7. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'.
    8. Go to the 'Wireless Networks' tab.
    9. Check the option 'Use Windows to Configure this Wireless Connection' and click 'OK'.

Now please perform the following instructions to connect to the wireless network:
    1. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'.
    2. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'.
    3. Click on the 'wireless network' tab.
    4. Under Preferred networks if you see any name in the list then highlight the name and click remove. Click OK.
    5. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'View Available Networks'.
    6. Look for the SSID (aka Network Name) of the Wireless router or access point.
    4. Highlight thee SSID from the list that you want to connect to.
    5. Type the security Key here and click on the 'Connect' button.
    6. You should have successfully established a wireless network connection
    Last edited by Jayesh; 23-04-2011 at 10:56 AM. Reason: No external link allowed