Thread: Major spyware/virus infection

Major spyware/virus infection

Hi everybody, I am having some serious virus issue with my laptop. While browsing internet, my brother downloaded something after which my laptop has become unstable. I am unable to run any program with antivirus turned on. every time when I run any program the antirust prevents it saying antivirus has detected worms, Trojans or malware. If I try to run any .exe file then it says it can’t be run ,as it is infected. I am not even allowed to download any software from internet. Please help with some solutions.

Re: Major spyware/virus infection

There might be rouge anti-spyware that has affected your system. I think your computer is infected by system tool. System Tool is an infectious program that pretends itself to be the antivirus program, which displays fake security alerts and scan results. When the computer is infected, the infected file is created in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\. It always starts automatically with the start of the computer. Eliminate this infection by malwarebytes anti malware

It is necessary to remove System Tool virus or else you will not be able to download and run any software. Reboot the system and go to safe mode option. Here select safe mode with networking and the system boots with safe mode. Due to infection the windows setting is changed to use proxy server. This prevents you to browse any web page. For this you first need to change the proxy settings. once you are able to browse internet download malware bytes anti-malware or Microsoft security essentials.

The system tool virus will always prevent you to browse any web page on internet. This is because the windows settings is changed to use proxy server. To solve this problem boot the computer in safe mode and open internet explorer browser. From the menu tab choose tools and then go to Internet option. Here click on Connection tab and then select LAN settings. When you click on the LAN settings you will see the check box by the instruction saying “use a proxy server for your LAN”. Uncheck the check box and click Ok. Now you can easily browse web pages.

Its true that malwarebytes anti malware detects all the malware programs that are not detected by an anti-virus program. After you have downloaded it, you should perform total system scan. Before you start scan, make sure that on the Scanner tab, perform full scan option is enabled. Now the whole system is scanned and the infections are detected. After the scan completes click Show Result and then click on the Remove all tab. All the system tool files are removed and your computer is safe now.

Virus had completely eaten up the whole system. I realized that the malwarebytes anti malware which I thought that it would act as an antivirus just failed to detect some of the virus. It is only good for blocking malware. Due to this reason I was not allowed to download software’s from the internet. You were right, it was the System Tool virus that badly affected the system. So after removing it my system became stable. Now I have installed AVG antivirus for system protection as I don’t want to take any chance. Thank you all.