Thread: Unable to install antivirus on Windows Vista

Unable to install antivirus on Windows Vista

Guys I am having an issue with my Windows Vista, I have Symantec antivirus on my system. And the problem is I can’t scan my system. I have also called the support team but even they were not able to resolve this problem. I tried same Antivirus on other system but on that system it was working perfectly, then I tried AVG but same thing happened with the AVG, I was not able to scan the system. Guys I don’t know much about these things please help me, is there any other antivirus which will work on my system, or is there any settings which I have to change to run antivirus on my system.

Re: Unable to install antivirus on Windows Vista

Dude if you have an antivirus already on your system and then you are downloading an another antivirus on the system. Then definitely it will cause a problem, both the programs won’t be able to work properly their security settings will stop other antivirus functionality so dude first thing you should do is uninstall the Symantec Antivirus completely and restart your system and then start installing the AVG antivirus, if there is any problem in Symantec then AVG will work properly after uninstalling the Symantec.

Yeah that exactly what I was about to suggest you two antivirus on a system affects each other’s functionality so first uninstall one Antivirus then install other Antivirus and run it, hope then it will work. To remove the all the contents i.e. files and folder download the Norton Removal Tool to completely remove the Symantec antivirus installation, Then try to install the other Antivirus I will recommend you AVG because it’s free and it gives good performance.

Well guys this problem is always faced by many Norton user, So first you have to completely get rid of Norton antivirus so install the Norton removal tool and remove all the Norton conent from the system, then restart your system. This is a major issue with Norton products, thats why even Norton has very good review very less number of knowledgeable personuse the Norton products. So mate don’t worry it’s a minor problem just download Norton removal kit and remove Symantec completely.

Hey guys thanks for taking concern on my query, as I said I don’t know much about these stuffs much so I wouldn’t be able to resolve these issue without somebody’s help. I didn’t knew about Symantec’s issue with uninstalling, so I just followed the above instruction, First I downloaded Norton removal kit after running it I restarted my system and then installed the AVG and it worked this time. I wouldn’t be able to do all this without your help guys, so thanks a lot mates. Now onwards I will post query on only this sites.