Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-04-2011

Browsers and other programs are running slow

As the title itself is stating what I am going to ask over here. Well I let you know that I have installed Windows 7 on the computer of mine. from past few days I have found that the browser and windows explorer of the computer is seems to be running really slow and sometimes it seems to be freezing for few minutes. I need to forcefully reboot the computer when such situation is occurred on the computer. Let me know if you are having the same problem like me and also solution for the same. Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 20-04-2011

Re: Browsers and other programs are running slow

Well looking at the situation which you have provided over here I am suggesting that you should install TFC on the computer of yours. once you have downloaded you need to install the same on the computer. after doing the same you need to double click on the TFC.exe in order to run the program. You need to click on the Yes button when it is prompted. This particular program would close all the open program on the computer and reboot the computer after finishing with the process.
Old 20-04-2011

I am suggesting that you should download the OTL on the computer. you can get the same from the official website and run the same by simply having administrative rights on the computer. You need to put following thing into Custom Scan Box.
Code:
netsvcs
msconfig
drivers32 /all
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\system32\*.sys /90
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav 
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
%systemroot%\system32\Spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.dll
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
CREATERESTOREPOINT
Finally you need to click on the Run Scan button.
Old 20-04-2011

I was having the same problem which have posted over here and I have fixed the problem of mine by simply using the Malwarebytes on the computer of mine. you can get the same from the official website and you should download and install the same on the computer of yours. After doing the same you should update with the latest updates and perform a virus scan on the computer. after finishing with virus scan you should restart the computer.
Old 20-04-2011

If any of the above mentioned thing is not working for you then I recommend that you should go for ESET Online Scan. You can get this particular antivirus program from the official website of the developer of this particular program on the computer. you should install and update and perform a virus scan on the computer. After doing the same you should restart the computer. I am hoping that ESET Online Scan would help you to fix the problem of yours.
Old 23-04-2011

I want to thanks to all of the users of this forum for replying with the possible solution to fix the problem of mine. Well I have fixed the problem of mine using Malwarebytes on the computer of mine. Now onwards I am not having any issue which I have mentioned over here in this thread. I want to appreciate your efforts which I have put in to fix the problem of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,