Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-04-2011

SAS5 review.

Well guys SuperAntiSpyware released a Pre-release version of SAS 5, it?s available on their official web site only. I want to know, what are the special features of SAS5? And if anybody used this Pre-release version of SAS5 please share your experience here, I heard that SAS website allowing only limited download link for SAS5 after that limitation we can?t download after exceeding that limit. Please share your experience with us, because even I am looking to try this thing.
Old 20-04-2011

Re: SAS5 review.

Well guys I will suggest you to wait till the paid version get released if you use paid version for the real time protection or depends on the SAS for critical situations. First impression for that is it has quite colorful interface. I heard that SAS5 introduced a new service SASCore and which runs automatically runs after start up. I don?t know how it works and what is it?s service I will recommend to wait till the paid version gets release because it will have limited features and you won?t get full protection.
Old 20-04-2011

Yeah even I am confused because of that service and the clear reason behind that no company releases new services on the Free version. So may be SAS just experimenting this new service on the users system. I won?t prefer to run it on my system but SAS claims that this service increase the scanning ability of free version as well so they recommend not to stop this service. And thing is it uses 0% of CPU when the SuperAntiSpyware is not in proceesing. Anybody have any idea about this services usage?
Old 20-04-2011

That?s a very nice and balanced review I guess, I am thinking to use this SAS5 vFree version because my license of Spy sweeper will going to expire in next week and I have the license of SAS Pro so it will be better to shift on SAS5 rather than buying a new spyware, and as its free version giving some special service I want to try it. And I know that SAS has a very good search engine for on-demand scan as compared to other programs so that will be an another advantage. So guys I am with it.
Old 20-04-2011

In my point of view if you are gonna use a paid program then why you are using SAS if you have other options like MBAM with real time scanning, it also have IP blocking and auto updating and many other features too. Guys SAS run on demand but only when we have a problem with the cookies. So guys if you are going to a paid program then go for MBAM, SpywareBlaster, WinPAtrol and MSE/WD etc. So guys from my side thumbs down from my side.
Old 20-04-2011

Well guys I have tried SAS 5, it?s very colorful and I liked its GUI very much. I tried to install it in startup list. And after disabling all other programs I did a quick scan it was really very quick as compared tto other programs it took around 3 to 4 minutes. And while scanning it detected ?Disabled.SecurityCenterOption? and I added to trust zone but again it got detected so I think there are some flaws with the free version. Above user is quite right we have MBAM if we want a paid spyware.
Old 21-04-2011

Really very nice review guys, I have gone throught the other sites too, but there were hardly any replies to such posts. Even I have found on some thread that now SAS only detects cookies and another thing is even I f a scanner detects the malware there is no surety that it will remove it. And as on general scanner I think MBAM is much reliable. But yet we need some more reviews, Anyways guys thanks a lot for taking part in my post. This site is really very interactive.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,