Thread: Did the Antivirus Program really delete the detected Trojans

Did the Antivirus Program really delete the detected Trojans

Hi I am running Windows Vista in my Dell studio laptop. I have installed AVG antivirus to keep my system protected from virus attacks. Recently when I performed full system scan my AVG antivirus detected few Trojans and some other infections. The detected files were Trojan Horse Agent2.CLIB, Trojan Horse VB.ARJQ, TR/Crypt.ZPACK.Gen and Virus Win32/Heur. I am not sure whether my antivirus actually deleted the detected viruses and Trojans or not. Can anyone help me clearing my doubt? Your suggestions will be appreciated, so please help me.

Re: Did the Antivirus Program really delete the detected Trojans

It is usually prompted by the Antivirus whether your want to delete the Virus, or Trojans or malware. If you must have selected to delete the virus, it must have got deleted. If you must have selected to repair the problem, the antivirus must have tried to cure the problem. And if you would have selected to place the virus to the virus vault then it must have got stored in the virus vault of the AVG antivirus. So probably it is upon you what you want to do with the detected virus.

It is always suggested to keep your antivirus database updated so that your system is always protected from the new viruses and Trojans which attack the users every now and then. And also remember to always perform scanning of your full system after some interval of time. This would always keep you updated with the status of your system. And if it is showing that the virus got deleted then probably it must have got deleted from your system by the antivirus. To make sure that those old detected infected files are deleted from your system, you can perform complete system scan one more time and cross check whether you still have them or not.

There is a possibility that you must have not deleted the viruses and Trojans that you detected in your system and must have stored them into the Quarantine. Quarantine’s are sort of encapsulated folders which stores Trojans and viruses in them and prevent them from attacking other files in the system. Usually viruses are preferred to be stored in the Quarantine file when the infected file is some system file or some important registry file. This will prevent the hampering of normal functioning of your system which may happen if you end up deleting some important system file.

You can cross check the existence of the infected virus which your antivirus detected earlier by performing online scanning of your complete system. You can try online scan such as ESET online scan for the same purpose. Make sure you have got the Internet connection and it is working properly fine and also all the required plug-ins or ActiveX controls are installed in your system. Make sure that you have enabled the Remove virus treat when detected checkbox before you perform the scan. If you don’t detect any infectious thing that it is probably very good for you.

Thank you everyone for your kindness and for helping me clearing my doubts over this issue. I was worried after detecting those Trojans and other viruses and wanted to confirm that they were deleted by my AVG antivirus. I wanted perform some online transactions and online banking, so wanted to be satisfied over this issue before performing them. I don’t want to be the victim of any frauds. Anyways thanks for helping me, and making me satisfied about the virus problem.