Thread: What Regular maintenance and care are required to keep system clean and secure?

What Regular maintenance and care are required to keep system clean and secure?

Hi everyone, I am a newbie and have recently purchased my first Dell Studio laptop. I love my first laptop a lot and I am very much protective toward it. So I am interested in knowing what regular maintenance and care I must perform so that my laptop runs problem-free and smoothly without much issue. It would be very kind of you guys to help me and clarify my doubts. Your suggestions will be appreciated. Please help me. Thank you in advance to everyone who make an effort to solve my problem.

Re: What Regular maintenance and care are required to keep system clean and secure?

The most important factor that we look upon while we talk about the maintenance of our system is to make them secure and protected from any attack from any outer source like virus, spyware, malware, Trojan and any kind of germs. Make sure that you have installed a good Anti-virus in your system. Many free antivirus like AVG, Avast, Microsoft Security Essentials, Bitdefender, Avira, Nod32, kaspersky etc can be used. Make sure that you have installed the latest available version of the respective antivirus installed in your system. Just installing the antivirus once won’t keep your system protected for its life span. You need to perform regular updates of the antivirus and keep the antivirus database updated. Also scan your system from time to time, so that you will have a clear view of whether your system is attacked by any virus or not. Also in some cases the antivirus alone does not provide you with the ultimate protection, you can install an additional Anti-spyware or anti-malware in your system to support your antivirus. Like antivirus you must keep antispyware and antimalware also updated.

Re: What Regular maintenance and care are required to keep system clean and secure?

Always remember, the Antivirus program alone does not need to be kept updated. It is very important to keep in mind that the operating system and other programs that are installed and are running in your system also need to be kept updated regularly. This regular updating of programs and Operating system includes patches which are very helpful while fixing the various security vulnerabilities. They also add new features to the current program. The Operating system upgrades normally includes driver updates which will enhance the performance of your hardware and give you the best output performance. Also remember to keep updating your firmware present in your hardware. This will help you get the peak performance of your hardware.

It is a very good habit to always keep your system, and programs installed in your system updated. This will make sure that your computer is secure and is giving you the optimum performance. Along with that you need to perform regular system maintenance so that your system runs as fast as possible. You should regularly perform disk clean up to remove the unwanted files from your system and free up your dick space. Also make a note to perform disk fragmentation atleast once in every 6 months. This will make sure your hard disk is defragmented and the disk space is well maintained. It also helps in speeding up your machine and also save a lot of your space by properly allocating files and removing unused and useless links.

You can use optimizers and utilities like the TuneUp Utilities to optimizes your system to its best. Using this software will make it possible for you to even cleanup and defragment your registry files. Also make it a habit to keep back-up of your important files. This will help you when suddenly someday your system crashes and you lose all your important data. It is better to be on the safer side rather than crying for the lost later. You can either use the in-built property of Operating system to perform back-up or you can search for the software which can perform this for you. Performing a regular maintenance will play a very big role in keeping your machine in a good performing shape.

I must say this to you people; you guys are doing an amazing job of helping strangers like me. It was so thoughtful of you guys to remove some time from your daily life and look into this thread and solve the problem of a complete stranger. All with your brief summary I have got to know the basic idea, like what regular maintenance I should take care about while using my system. I will be doing as you guys said and will also try to get more and more knowledge about this matter by searching about it on Internet. Once again Thank You for your Kindness.