Thread: Huawei UMG 1831 not working in compaq laptop

Huawei UMG 1831 not working in compaq laptop

Hello friends. Greetings to all. I hope you all are doing well. Well I am using huawei umg 1831 since a week or so. The issue is that in my laptop it gets hot and during other times it gets disconnected. The signal strength also seems to be on the lower side. Strength of the signal differs in mobile partner and computer. I have laptop , cq40-616tu. There are 3 usb ports and I have tried it in every slot. I am using windows 7. Please help me to resolve the issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: Huawei UMG 1831 not working in compaq laptop

Hey dude. I am very much shocked to read your query because even I am making use of Huawei UMG 1831 modem for some time now and it hasn’t caused me any harm. It’s all working fine. I will recommend you that you use either airtel, aircel or in that case bsnl for the internet intention. There haven’t been any problem or complaints of heating with them. However, do have a check with other people and see whether there is no issues with the new modem.

Hi. I would like to tell you something regarding your query which will surely enlighten you with some facts which I feel you are not aware of . Well, generally, strength of the signal differs by one square feet . Hence, if both of your laptop and computer are on different table and even though it is the same room then, there may be changes in the strength that are seen. Thus, I am sure to some extent you have got the idea why such things are happening.

Hi mate. I can understand that you are curious about the heating issue in Huawei UMG 1831 modem as you mentioned that you have brought it very recently. But, this is not a big problem at all and you don’t need to look out for solutions. I am telling you this, because I myself owe the same model and even that heats a lot. In addition to this, my data card is also the same like you. It’s a wonderful modem and you will understand it when you use, so its better you ignore the heat prospect.

Hello. I would like to hear from your side, whether you have activated gprs facility on your sim card or not, as it is required to manually activate the gprs on a new sim card. You can also have a talk to the customer care services and check it out. Once the activation check is done from your mobile, then try to put your sim card inside a gprs enabled mobile and then make use of it in universal serial bus modem. I hope this helps.

Hello, I would recommend you that you make use of mobile partner 16. It really seems to be nice. Also, airtel takes loads and loads of time to get registered. I will imply you that you should make use of either aircel or bsnl. Bsnl 3g works without any issues. Also, you can have a look of access point name along with the dialing number from the website. It will surely guide you out and you will have an idea about the scheme of the things .