Thread: How does MSE compare to Norton, MacAfee or Panda

How does MSE compare to Norton, MacAfee or Panda

Hey friends, I have just formatted my computer and installed the Windows 7 in that. Now to protect my PC, I would like to install some antivirus in that but I am confused that which antivirus will be better for my system. I am thinking to install the Microsoft Security Essentials but before that I would like to know that how MSE can be compared with the Norton, MacAfee otherwise Panda. Can MSE provide the same protection as compared to the other security software’s? Please help me to decide if you have any suggestion. Thank you.

Re: How does MSE compare to Norton, MacAfee or Panda

It is not suggested that you use above one antimalware program running the real time protection. If you do that then this will result the system instability, application hangs as well as freezes also abridged competence of antivirus products. A few computer virus and AV vendors state that it's best not to even encompass more than single installed. I advise you choose one AV program and install that to your computer. MSE is a fine program and doesn't charge for this. Why not offer it a attempt? If you are not contented by means of it then you can uninstall it and attempt a new program.

The main question in each mind by means of Microsoft Security Essentials is how well it can sense and take away malware. The untimely returns are in and MSE do well overall within early malware detection testing given to PC World by AV-test.org. When put beside AV-Test's "WildList" compilation of 3,194 recent, ordinary viruses, bots, as well as worms, Microsoft Security Essentials senses and removed every one of the malware sample. How does this evaluated to additional security products? In adding up to this Microsoft Security Essentials build an ideal score by means of false positives. It didn't flag a distinct clean file while being malicious. AV-Test as well took a first look at Microsoft Security Essentials' rootkit discovery, testing it next to a few rootkit samples and establish that there is no complaint regarding this.

Earlier I took a look to the Microsoft Security Essentials, and establish it to be a uncomplicated, accessible piece of software. at the same time as AV-Test's preliminary results aren't comprehensive, if they are some sign of Microsoft Security Essentials' malware discovery capabilities, you might be agreeably surprised. Note that Microsoft Security Essentials will just provide you fundamental anti-malware defense; if you are in search of more complete security then you need to read customer review of other security software.

The technique I look at it, if Microsoft Security Essentials really meed to be a excellent product then that’s fine news for all. First, it gives a excellent security baseline intended for those folks out who do not desire to reimburse for security. Other than this, it will mean that additional commercial security providers ought to elevate their game. After all, there’s abundance of scope - perhaps keeping an eye on scraps (both Windows as well as third-party ones), highlighting installed apps which hold susceptibility, improved network as well as device management, or perhaps even real-time sand-boxing.

Thanks for the info. When my time is up with Norton I'll try to MSE. I feel a little upset with myself now. I have registered for this years ago in the forum. You may have saved me many headaches. Next problem or question will be back. anyway. Thanks so mu ch of that information on this nice.