Thread: Unable to change display settings on remote Server when remote desktop to 2008

Unable to change display settings on remote Server when remote desktop to 2008

Hello guys, I am using remote desktop to Server 2008. When I attempt to modify fonts resting on the remote Server as of Control Panel, Display I acquire message "The display settings can't be changed from a remote session. I try to find about this on internet but still I am not able to find appropriate solution on it. I hope that someone will help me to solve this problem. Please recommend on how I be able to solve this difficulty. Thank you.

Re: Unable to change display settings on remote Server when remote desktop to 2008

Hello according to my knowledge, you are capable of locate a custom display resolution within an .rdp file or as of a command prompt. To locate a custom display resolution within an .rdp file you have to open the .rdp file inside a text editor. And then Add or modify the following settings

desktopwidth:i:<value>

desktopheight:i:<value>

where <value> is the resolution, such as 1680 or 1050. This are the settings for .rdp file. And is you want to set it through command prompt you have to open a cmd and make use of the mstsc.exe command in the company of the following syntax, and after that press enter.
    mstsc.exe /w:<width> /h:<height>

try this I hope this will help you.

Re: Unable to change display settings on remote Server when remote desktop to 2008

Hello thank you for your quick response on my query. According to your suggestion I try your settings with my system and after modifying height and width I simply get the different size remote desktop window. But my font size remains same. Do you have any other solution on this? Today I tried many different settings but still am not able to solve this. Please help me to solve this it’s very irritating. All replies are appreciated. Thank you.

Hello I am having this same problem with my remote server. But according to my knowledge your reply is not appropriate. Basically we have to change the font size in a remote desktop session. But as per your setting it’s not possible to do this. This was achievable resting on 2003 terminal servers; at the moment it appears in 2008 r2 it is uncreative. So please suggest with the proper solution. How can we accomplish this? I hope you will reply us the proper solution.

I am not sure but some day before I was facing similar kind of problem. But by doing some settings I solve this problem. The simplest technique to modify the screen resolution is to alter the display settings within mstsc selection. The display arrangement you will alternative will be functional to the remote computer association. I hope this will help you to solve your problem. Please try this. And if you find any other solution then share your knowledge with us thank you.

Hello, your answer has nothing to do by means of the question that is creature asked. The problem here is not to change the resolution, is the change in DPI. Microsoft has confirmed that stupidly removed this functionality starting with Server 2008. sIf you look around, there's a user on a different thread which got permission from Microsoft to release a standalone tool that you had to hack this feature back in. does anyone have any other idea. Thank you.