Thread: Are security updates for Quicktime 7.6.6 present irrespective of version number?

Are security updates for Quicktime 7.6.6 present irrespective of version number?

I just got this new Quicktime 7.6.6 with me and found it very interesting and its really very nice to use with all the new features that are available with it. Now the thing is that with this I see updates for Windows, Leopard, and Tiger users for QuickTime 7.6.x. Also the OS update for the same has some security content to cover updates to QT. But that doesn't change the version.So my question is that does are the security updates for Quicktime 7.6.6 present irrespective of version number.Please do get back to me on this as I am really looking for the solution.

Re: Are security updates for Quicktime 7.6.6 present irrespective of version number?

I just went through the question that you have put up and would say that Quicktime 7.6.6 is the most current version of QuickTime Player for the Snow Leopard OS.So what you are saying is absolutely correct. The security updates for Quicktime in SL covers both 7.6.6 and X without changing the version number?SO basically it is actually irrespective of the version number that we are using. Also the Quicktime 7.6.6 for SL just receives the patches and that does make the difference.

Re: Are security updates for Quicktime 7.6.6 present irrespective of version number?

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply.I just went through the question that you have put up and would say that this is something that I actually expected.I just went through the solution and would say that I completely agree with the particular solution that you have provided to me.Also I would say that I was very much certain about the thing that the security updates for Quicktime in SL cover both 7.6.6 and X without changing the version number.But if still there is any other suggestion for this then do reply.

Even I would completely agree with the solution that you have provided. I would say that the Snow Leopard is different than Leopard, Tiger and the Windows OS's. Also I would say you that this is something that is faced by many people and have this kind of confusion. So I hope that after looking at this solution all the confusion will get over. But this is what I feel and I hope that this information is sufficient for you to fix the issue that you are facing.

I think that this confusion of the version number has to be solved immediately so that many people can then get away with the confusion. Also I would tell you that I am very much sure that the version numbers will catch up soon to avoid this confusion.So I hope that those people are working on this to fix the issue immediately. So once again I would tell you that it is actually irrespective of the version number that we are using.

Thanks a lot for the solution that you have provided to me and would say that this is something that I had expected before but wasn’t quite sure about what is to be done.But after this solution my confusion is gone and now there is no problem at all.Also I would say that those who are facing with such issue can get check out this solution to fix the issue that they are facing.So I would once again like to thank you all for the solution that provided to me as it helped me a lot to fix the issue that I was facing.