Thread: Does MSE scan my emails?

Does MSE scan my emails?

I have recently installed the Microsoft Security essentials to my computer. I am not having any problem with it but I needed to clear out some doubt about this that is in my mind. Actually I want to know that if this security software scans the emails from the Outlook 2007 when any new email delivered to it. If you know the answer for this then please let me know about that. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this.

Re: Does MSE scan my emails?

I would like to tell you that the Microsoft Security essentials will not scan the email that comes in your mailbox. But if the emails contains any attachment with it and you try to download that to your computer then it will surely scan that for any kind of bug in that and will report that back to you accordingly. I hope that this much information is enough for you to clear your mind regarding this.

I think that you do not need that you emails get scanned by MSE and I am not able to understand the reason behind this. Email whether you read it otherwise not is stocked up in the hard drive. Malicious files fond of to an email are situated on the hard drive. To an anti-virus scanner it does not issue that if offending file comes via email, comes via file-sharing otherwise comes via download. It is all similar to it. Some superior up-to-date anti-virus will avoid you as of opening a nasty worm otherwise virus no subject how it comes. Until and unless you click on attachment the virus otherwise worm will not perform. And if you are making use of Outlook Express and you have reserved it updated by means of the newest patches then it will not accomplish merely through your email.

Email Scanning through some anti-virus is not optional since the harm as well as delay which scanning can reason don't validate the negligible profit to be resultant. One of the main difficulties caused by email virus scanners is tainted Outlook Express DBX (data) files. If these files turn out to be corrupted, whatever mail you stored within them will be incomprehensible. Email virus scanning is superior reason of tainted DBX files and therefore main cause of unrecoverable email. Additional issues are minor but they are a irritation: Aggravating delays in sending otherwise receiving email being amongst the peak nuisances.

Microsoft Security Essentials has the capability to scan within the Outlook PST storage file and sense some attachments that may be infected once you obtain them. I am not certain if it will scan the emails while they come in otherwise not, but that functionality is not actually essential as the real time protection will allow you know once it hits the hard drive or else if you attempt to open an contaminated attachment. I expect this helps.

When faced with the symptoms of DBX vice, a lot of people fear that once your computer is infected by means of a virus. As surprising plus ironic as it sounds, however, the most common cause of DBX corruption is not a virus, but anti-virus programs that are configured to scan incoming or outgoing mail. Even the most popular antivirus programs have shown this problem from time to time. To reduce the risk of corruption of this kind must disable email scanning module in your anti-virus program. This is usually easy to do by looking at user-configurable options in the anti-virus program. There is no need to scan email for viruses to protect your computer.