Thread: Why was "XP Antispyware 2010" trojan not detected by Microsoft Security Essentials

Why was "XP Antispyware 2010" trojan not detected by Microsoft Security Essentials

Hi, I am using windows XP, Service Pack3 operating system. I have installed Microsoft security essential which is always turned on. Yesterday when I was browsing a website, the 'XP Antispyware 2010' popup on the screen .I am very cautious while visiting websites and opening the web pages. I am very much careful while clicking on the links. A question arises in my mind that info regarding this kind of Trojan virus is always published in so many sites, then why don’t Microsoft Security Essentials detect it before it installs itself in the system. Does anybody have any idea about it.

Re: Why was "XP Antispyware 2010" trojan not detected by Microsoft Security Essentials

I think there is some problem with the Rouge Antivirus Software program. Xp anti spyware 2010 also popped up on my computer screen after I installed Microsoft security essentials. I had to use Combofix and MalwareBytes to eliminate it. The Rouge antivirus programs are curse to websites and internet because they hinder the antivirus program. They are also responsible in disabling the windows firewall and windows Task manager. Microsoft security essentials fail to detect these rouge softwares.

Re: Why was "XP Antispyware 2010" trojan not detected by Microsoft Security Essentials

I think that combofix and MalwareBytes are the only solution for Trojans. Microsoft security essentials and Screen Filter fail to stop these rouge antivirus programs. They prove to be ineffective. After a system is infected by this type of program, Microsoft security essentials fail to remove it even after full system scan. But Combofix, MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware were proved to be very effective.

Microsoft security essential is not fast enough to catch Trojan. So before it is able to detect it, the Trojan installs itself into the system. But Smart Screen Filter detects and stops the Trojan threat very smartly but still Microsoft needs to improve it. The question is how it is delayed to catch the threat, what is the reason behind it. Does delay occur because the system is slow in responding or Microsoft security essential software is unable to response to such rouge antivirus program.

MalwareBytes Realtime protection module detects the threat and apparently removes it by using scan technology. Due to this technology they are quick in response to the threat. If you get the full version of Malwarebytes Realtime Protection, then only it will provide you realtime protection, scheduled scan, and scheduled update. Microsoft security essential uses scan technology to detect the threats, early tests showed that currently very little bit of this system is used for only detection of threat but not removal of threat