Thread: Microsoft Security Essentials vs. Norton internet security.Which is the best

Microsoft Security Essentials vs. Norton internet security.Which is the best

Hi, I have got a desktop with windows 7 operating system installed in it. I am currently using Microsoft security essential and I found it to be very good for my system. I have also got Norton antivirus software. But I can’t use it now, as Microsoft security essential is installed. I also want to use Norton antivirus as I paid for it. But I came to know that two different Internet securities should not be used. Is it true. What will happen if I install both of the security software. Can anybody have any suggestions regarding this.

Re: Microsoft Security Essentials vs. Norton internet security.Which is the best

Yes it is true. You cannot have Norton antivirus and Microsoft security essential together in the same computer. Though you will not have any problem installing them but the after installation your computers performance will be affected adversely. It will slow down your computer and both of the software will conflict. The security software might not perform well. So you should not install two of them in the same computer.

Re: Microsoft Security Essentials vs. Norton internet security.Which is the best

Never install more than one security product in a PC. This will badly affect the performance of security as well as system. It can cause system instability and can hamper the efficiency of both of the security products in providing protection. If you have paid for the Norton antivirus software and if it is working fine, then you should continue with it. Or if you think that Microsoft security essential is better than Norton you can carry on with it.

Microsoft security essential and Norton antivirus, both are best security products. But then you have to decide which is best for your computer. Don’t install both the security products in your computer as it will make the system unstable. If you are not having any problem with the current protection then you don’t need to switch to different security product. If you have paid for Norton antivirus then you can continue with it as it is also one of the best in providing protection.

Thank you all for your genuine replies. I tried to install both Norton antivirus and Microsoft Essentials security in my computer and found that this really makes the system unstable. The computer performance was hampered. So I uninstalled Norton antivirus and currently using the Microsoft security essential. I have decided that I am going to use both the security products alternately.