Thread: Can’t run the Microsoft Security Essentials Installation wizard - Error Code: 0x80070643

Can’t run the Microsoft Security Essentials Installation wizard - Error Code: 0x80070643

Hi, I am having a HP laptop with Windows 7 installed in it. I have removed all the old security app from my laptop before I start to install Microsoft security essential. While I was installing the Microsoft security Essential an installation error occurred. A message was displayed on the screen saying “! Can't complete the Microsoft Security Essentials Installation Wizard”. Error Code: 0x80070643. Then I quit the install and restarted the system. When I tried the installation I repeatedly got the error message. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue.

Re: Can’t run the Microsoft Security Essentials Installation wizard - Error Code: 0x80070643

If you are repeatedly getting error message while installing Microsoft security essential then first check whether you have removed all the Internet security programs. Uninstall the antivirus and antispyware software completely from the computer. After you have removed all the Internet security programs, then run the Microsoft Security essential file and see if the installation is completed successfully.

Re: Can’t run the Microsoft Security Essentials Installation wizard - Error Code: 0x80070643

If there is a problem in installing the Microsoft security essential (MSE), then check if the Windows installer service is running in the system. If this service is disabled or not running, you cannot perform any installation action on the system. So if you have encountered error while installing, first of all make sure that the computer has windows installer 3.1 version or above. Do you find any problem in installing Windows Update.

If there is any Internet Security file existing in the computer’s memory, then you can’t complete the Internet Security essential successfully. The antivirus and Antispyware software doesn’t uninstall completely. So you need to run a suitable clean up tool to uninstall completely. After complete clean up, restart the computer and then start installing Microsoft Security Essentials.

Download Onecare Utility clean up tool , save it to the hard disk and then run the file. Right click on the file and select Run as Administrator, click Run and then Continue. After this you will get an option of Clean in the same window. Click the Clean tab and after the clean up tool has performed clean action restart the computer. Now you can install the Microsoft Security Essential and I am sure that the installation will complete successfully.

I successfully installed the Microsoft security essentials after I followed the steps mentioned by all you guys. Since I uninstalled the previous security products manually the MSE installation wizard was not able to complete the installation. But when I used the clean up tool, it removed all the files of the previous security product which was not removed completely after installation. One care utility cleanup tool proved to be very helpful. Thank you guys for your assistance and support