Thread: Getting 0x80070422 registry error when updating Microsoft Security Essentials

Getting 0x80070422 registry error when updating Microsoft Security Essentials

Well I have installed Microsoft Security Essentials on the computer of mine. I am trying to updating MSE on the computer but I am getting 0x80070422 registry error while trying to do the so. i have searched on the Google to get the solution for the same but I have not found anything which you can use to fix the problem of mine. Let me know if you are having suggestion to fix the problem of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Getting 0x80070422 registry error when updating Microsoft Security Essentials

Well looking at the situation which you have provided over here I want to ask you some key question which would be useful to figure out the root cause of the problem. Which operating system do you have installed on the computer? Do you have done any software or hardware changes on the computer? Can you post the entire error message which you are getting? Also provide the error log over here so that I can analyze the same.

Re: Getting 0x80070422 registry error when updating Microsoft Security Essentials

I recommending that you should restart the Microsoft Update Service on the computer. you need to use the following steps to get the same.
    • You have to click on the Start button and go for Run and enter service.msc and press enter from the keyboard.
    • You need to right click on the Automatic update and simply click on the Restart button. After doing the same you should reboot the computer. I am hoping that it will help you out

I am suggesting that you should boot the computer into safe mode and then go for updating the updates for the MSE. In order to boot the computer into safe mode you need to use the following instruction. You should restart the computer and start tapping F8 from the keyboard. Now need to select Safe mode with Networking. Once the computer is booted into safe mode you should make an attempt to update the MSE on the computer.

I was having the same problem which you provided over here. Well I am suggesting the following thing which you can use to solve the problem. you should official Website of Microsoft where you should navigate to the Windows Help and How-to webpage and simply enter the error code which you are getting. It will let you about the steps which you should use to solve the matter. After doing the same you should try to MSE on the computer.

Do you have solved the problem? if not then I think you need to contact the Micstosft Customer Support team for further help. You can email regarding the problem of yours and also you should not forget to mentioned regarding the system configuration and error message which you are getting. The Microsoft Customer Support team will work around on the situation and they will tell you about the possible solution to solve the matter.