Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-04-2011

Falling bandwidth on Linksys router

I need help to fix the dropping internet connection on my system. I am using a old modem which failed to work and then I configured the Linksys router on the same. It worked fine and all lights were showing up giving an output for an active connection. The connection is dropping in between. I am trying to playing a online game and the game lags for few seconds. I had run some downloads to check my download status and found that while downloading the same gets halts for sometime and then it is continued. I am not using a download manager. What can I do to fix the same.
Old 15-04-2011

Re: Falling bandwidth on Linksys router

It can be due to the router configuration. This can be due to the security application in your system. I will recommend you to first disable the firewall of your system. Some security application might be blocking the continuous bandwidth and because of that you are finding the same issue. Does this happens in your old route if not then the router might be having some kind of issue. Check for a replacement. If other router works then there is an hardware issue with the router.
Old 15-04-2011

If there is regular disconnections then this is really a driver issue in your system. You have to look for the proper modem driver. Sometime this happens also due to faulty cable line also. Also if you are using the router on usb connection then better replace the same on regular lan port. It is because on usb the internet works very slow. There is better you must update the driver for the same then check back. This router comes with firmware updates which are a must to have job.
Old 15-04-2011

The problem with your internet connection may not be so bad. This is often a small interface problem to update your computer. From my experience I know that these problems are usually interfaces internet quickly resolved. Disconnect your modem and change the cable that you are using. Stop all network protection utility and stop all the update services in the background. The same will definitely work. Try to switch to different router if possible to work with.
Old 15-04-2011

As for Internet access on your system the routers are need to be correctly configured. If despite all these changes, some sites are still not accessible, make sure at first, through your server, you had not enabled privacy settings. If this is the ping the site and check if you see an request time out message on the screen then the lies from the ISP side. They are not providing you a continuous internet support. Call and launch a complain. You will get a fix for the same.
Old 15-04-2011

This probably risky handling the firewall or parental control software. First, disable the User Account Control from Control Panel. Then go to the Start menu > All Programs / Accessories / Command Prompt. In that enter the following command netsh int ip reset. After successfully executing the command reboot your system. Then again run command prompt and then pass the command netsh winsock reset. Restart your pc and check back, if this does not work then definitely this is an hardware issue

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,