Thread: Using MSE and Avast! together on the computer?

Using MSE and Avast! together on the computer?

I have used various antivirus program on the computer of mine. Currently I am looking to install Microsoft Security Essential on the computer of mine. So far was using Avast! On the computer of mine. personally I am looking to have both the antivirus program on the computer of mine so I am looking for the suggestion from yours side. So please tell me whether it is possible to have both the antivirus program on the computer.

Re: Using MSE and Avast! together on the computer?

Yes you can install two different antivirus program on the computer at a same time. However it is not recommended by the users. If you have installed two antivirus program on the computer then I am sure that it will cause conflict on each other and which might result into unexpected problems on the computer. so according to me you should not install MSE and Avast! on the computer of yours. so you should avoid the same.

Well I am totally agreed with the point which you have mentioned over here. You must not install more than security program on the computer of yours for the purpose of active scanning or protection. This particular thing might cause problem like performance issue, system instability and it could also affect the effectiveness of both the products providing the protection. So I am also not recommending to do the same.

As far as I am knowing that it is to be considered as bad practice to run one or more antivirus program on the computer at a time. I let you know that you will not be able to get on demand scan on the computer. if you are not wanted to have use MSE then you should install the same on the computer. if you are happy with the Avast! then you should simply use the same rather than switching to other antivirus program.

Well I want to say thanks to all of you to reply me with the appropriate opinions over here in this thread. I am going to use your opinion and I am not going to install both the security program on the computer. I am going to install MSE on the computer of mine. all the information which is provided by the all the users were quite useful. any way I want to appreciate your efforts which you put to help me out. Thanks a lot again.