Thread: Error code 0x8004ff11 while installing MSE

Error code 0x8004ff11 while installing MSE

Well i am having an issue while i am trying to install Micrsosft Security Essential on the computer of mine. as i am around to finish the installation process i am getting error code on the screen and installation is seems to be stopped. I am getting 0x8004FF11 on the screen. I have searched on the Google to get the solution but there was nothing available which I can apply to fix the problem of mine. Let me know if you are having any solution to fix the problem.

Re: Error code 0x8004ff11 while installing MSE

I want to know some basic information regarding this particular problem so that I can find out the root cause of the problem. Which operating system do you have installed on the computer? Do you have done any hardware or software changes on the computer? Can you post the entire error message so that I can find out the root cause of the problem. Answer the above mentioned thing so that I can let you know about the further steps for troubleshooting.

Well I am getting the same error code when I am trying to install the Microsoft Security Essential into safe mode. I have tried to boot the computer of mine into normal mode but it did not seems to working. I am really frustrated with this particular matter and I need to fix the same by any mean. Let me know if you are having any other suggestion to fix the problem of yours. Any way thanks a lot for the prompt reply of yours.

Looking at the situation which you have provided over here I am suggesting the following thing which you can use to fix the problem of yours. You need to click on the Start button and go for Run and enter ‘msconfig’ without using any quotes. After entering the same you should press enter. Into the System Configuration Utility you should click on the General tab and you need to see that the Normal Startup checkbox is checked if it is not checked then checked the same.

I am suspecting that this particular problem ism occurring due to the malware attack on the computer. In the normal mode the malware is blocking the installation of Microsoft Security Essential and into safe mode you are also unable to install the same. Well according to me you should try to solve the matter by simply using the good antimalware software. You should install and run the malware scan using the same.

If malware scan does not help you out to solve the problem then i am sure that you need to contact the Microsoft Customer Support team to get the solution for the same. You should state everything regarding the system configuration and the error message which you are getting on the computer. They will work around on the situation and they will let you know about the possible solution which you can use to fix the problem.