Thread: Need to setup a browsing center

Need to setup a browsing center

I have started a browsing center last month. It includes 6 clients and 1 server, All are using Winxp pro-SP3. MY Server has 2 NIC (Network Interface Card's),
    First with ISP's Static ip
    123.238.XXX.XXX
    Second NIC with the following info:
    • IP: 192.168.0.56
    • SUBNET: 255.255.255.0
    • GATEWAY: Same as 1st NIC(Network Interface Card's)

And my client pc with the foll. info:
    • Ip : 192.168.0.57, 192.168.0.58
    • gateway "192.168.0.56"

Now the problem is I am not able to access my client pc's they all in same workgroup name via server and vice versa. Whenever I try to connect internet to clients, i always change my 2nd NIC in server to "192.168.0.57" and then change it to "192.168.0.56". I have try all possible thing to solve this problems but I am not getting solution please let me know anyone have proper solution for it.

Re: Need to setup a browsing center

It is look like you're using the server as a router (internet gateway). If so, you should be using ICS. You create the Internet on 1 connection, then enable ICS on that same connection. ICS itself configure the other connection for you, and also gives you a DHCP server as well. You can also use a dedicated router for these purposes, but that's your view.

On the Main computer just go according to these steps to share the Internet connection:
    1. First you will need to Log on the computer as Main user (administrator). after that go to Start Menu, then select Control Panel.
    2. In Network and Internet Connections you have to go to the Network Connections.
    3. Right-click the connection that you’re to connect with Internet. For example, if you connect to the Internet by using a modem, right-click the connection that you want under Dial-up.
    4. Go to Properties.
    5. Now select the Advanced tab.
    6. Inside the Internet Connection Sharing, Go to Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection check box.
    7. If you are sharing a dial-up Internet connection then select the Establish a dial-up connection whenever a computer on my network attempts to access the Internet check box if you want to allow your computer to automatically connect to the Internet.
    8. Select OK. You will get the following message:
    9. When Internet Connection Sharing is enabled, your LAN adapter will be set to use IP
    10. address 192.168.0.1. Your computer may lose connectivity with other computers on
    11. your network. If these other computers have static IP addresses, it is a good idea to set them
    12. to obtain their IP addresses automatically. Are you sure you want to enable Internet
    13. Connection Sharing?
    14. Select Yes.

Now the connection to the Internet is shared to other computers on the LAN (local area network). The network adapter that is connected to the LAN is configured with a static IP address of 192.168.0.56 and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0

WindowsXP has a connection limit of clients that can attach to it. You will have instruction with your router on how to configure it. Should be easy as plugging the modem to the WAN port of the Router, and then hooking up the router to your existing network switch. Set your computers to use DHCP on the network cards if you have them for static. Router will share internet connection to all the PCs.

Thank you for your help. Now I have installed the router with my main system and take an output from router to switch that's all it works fine. But I want to setup my main pc as server and I am not able to view my server from clients through "My Network places" Because my printer is USB supported. Now how can i connect my printer with my LAN for sharing because my main pc was not able to share in client pc's.

I have a server and my all clients are in same workgroup but I am not able to share server with my clients. My all IP’s are configured through router's DHCP and I am not able to find Network Neighborhood in my pc. I have try to connect in every way that I know but its not working. Please give me procedure to how to share server with my clients.