Thread: Can't add folder on network shared to library

Can't add folder on network shared to library

Hi, Can anyone over here can tell me that how can I put in a folder going on a network share toward my library? I acquire an error which says that the network share require to be indexed. Except, I cannot discover a method to turn on this. I am on top of a domain and I encompass my home drive. I desire the folder within called Documents added to the library and after that put as default save position. Please help me to do that.

Re: Can't add folder on network shared to library

There is one method to do that but I am not very sure that this is going to help you or not as I have not tried that myself. If you make a shortcut toward the remote folder as well as put it that the contents be accessible offline, there is an option in the indexing options to index off-line files. This is just an idea and you can try it once for sure. I hope that this will resolve the problem for you.

I guess that all sharing is turned on, of course. You will have to assign my network places. Have you done this? I am doing this with my music folder, which is on a network drive and it works perfectly. Let us know if you have done this and still receive this error so that we can come to any new resolution to do. Other than this you can also try by resetting the network to its default settings and see if that can resolve the problem for you.

Well, I have a lot of questions about this scenario to start. If you are the domain administrator privileges or are limited? This could be if not the problem. Is this a home environment or work? I guess work since you are using a domain name? But talking about the drive home? If the house, I have to ask why go through all the work of a domain? I think they have valid reasons. Would index the folders from a previous installation of Windows Vista? I guess that had marked his documents to the folder location H in a previous install? If you are the administrator can change the type of network to the house and see if it allows the index? This could at least reduce the problem domain be.

I have the similar problem in a non-domain, the domain is not the problem. I include Windows Server 2003 server within my network with manifold shared folders with complete read / write-admin. I cannot add to the libraries, because "not indexed." I have tried allocating shares to the units and adding that way, still no go. The Server 2003, the indexing service is enabled and has the shared folders have their own set rates, as well as the standard "whole disc" index. I can map the drives and access them very well with the mapped drive letters or UNC paths. Even I have one of the UNC paths established in iTunes folder as the iTunes music library and have no problems moving files around or change the tags.

To add library you will have to just picking up the library in the browser to add the collection. Go to properties and then "includes" folder, navigate to the folder, apply and go. This is where is the index error problem? He was also able to network drive. All this does not enable the index. Some more detailed help some as installed applications, firewalls, etc. I can only think that there is some customization for others who might have been a problem.