Thread: Need help for Router/Switch incompatibility

Need help for Router/Switch incompatibility

Hi, I am using four computers with Windows 7 operating system, a color printer and a Linksys WAP200 wireless access point. I have got one DGL4100 Router. The D link router for my home network worked very nicely until one day it stopped working. I cannot access the router. LAN and internet is not working. The computers connected to the router switch are unable to access Lan or Internet. Can anybody tell me what is the problem with router and how can I fix it. I also want to know what is the difference between router and switch

Re: Need help for Router/Switch incompatibility

There may be some connection problem. To check it connect the computers to the router directly and see if you are able to access the LAN and Internet. If so, then your router switch might be not working. Disconnect all the cables from the router and reconnect them. Make sure that you have got the appropriate network settings. Diagnose the network settings using network manager software and then try again.

There might be some problem with the Ethernet cable. Check for the fault by using different cable. DGL4100 Router is provided with four port switch. Try to connect all the computers directly to the router and see if you are able to connect to the Internet. Check if the other devices are able to ping the router even if they are unable to connect to internet. Try to manually set the IP address if you are unable to get the IP automatically from the router.

There might be some fault with the router switch due to which the devices are not able to connect to the internet. Try with the different switch and you can realize what was wrong. Reboot the device and see if you are able to gain the connectivity. After so many reboots if you do not overcome the problem then you should call a network engineer to find the fault. If there is a fault in the router then you will have to get it replaced.