Thread: How to set up Wireless WLAN

How to set up Wireless WLAN

I have Windows XP service pack 2 on my system and Asus P5GD2 Deluxe motherboard which have an embedded WiFi-g WLAN adapter on it, which is I am using as a software access point. I am done with installing of required proper drivers and utilities. I have checked device manager and shows system recognized the WLAN card. I have wireless home network, after setting up hardware and drivers properly when I checked the network it shows “limited or no connectivity” on the screen. And when clicked on more information it stated that “This problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address to the computer”. I don’t know what to do now, I guess many of you have experienced such kind of problem. Please help me.

Re: How to set up Wireless WLAN

Well usually everyone facing such kind of problem while setting up the wireless network, these wireless devices states that they have connectivity over 1000-1500 meters, but many times for them it’s not quite possible to catch signal even if they are only separated by a wall or may be by few distance only. Can you provide me bit more information then maybe I will be able to guide you. How far your system’s apart from each other? And have you set up Ad-hoc or infrastructure as wireless type? How many systems are there on your network? Same channels and same SSID there?, If you have set the SSID.

Mate I think WLAN are quite easy to set up, you just have to follow the instructions given in manual. But if you are expecting the distance connectivity as WLAN advertize about it and then you will be bit disappointed. You don’t have to setup you computer as Access Point, this facility is only in Linux not in windows, So rum the card in Ad hoc. Now if you are running ICS on your box then it will set the IP data else you have to setup the IP data. If there is ICS on box then box will act as DHCP server and it will handle the IP’s.

Dude I am also using the Wireless WLAN connection, I know it’s quite simple but even for me it was not that easy, I am not much into these technical stuffs so I called one of my colleague and he solved this problem. The solution for you is if using g-card as a software Acees Point to share internet, then first make ICS on box enabled, and don’t forget to set the network or g-card in the Ad-hoc mode and you have to use static IP on that system, I hope this will definitely work for you. Just give it a try.

Hey even I have the same issue with my system, thanks for posting this topic and thanks to all who have taken part in this post. I have the same system configuration. Guys after following your instructions I have connection between my Computer and laptop. And there is a connection between to PC’s as well but the problem is I am not able to transfer the files between those two system, because I am not able to see PC in other system. And the WLAN card settings “Event log” displays the following option “the received data frame decrypt failure”. I don’t how to solve this problem. Please help us, we are almost done.

Well guys excellent work, you guys have provided me easy step by step instruction and guess what now my network is working properly. I haven’t found this solution on any other sites where mostly peoples are just advertising their portals and software nothing else. But this site is actual doing the task and members are very active, thanks a lot for such a quick response. I followed the steps and just disabled the XP firewall and now I am also able to transfer the files between the systems. Thanks,