Thread: WOL Wake-on-LAN does not working with MSI 890GXM-G65

WOL Wake-on-LAN does not working with MSI 890GXM-G65

I am using windows 7 x 64 with the AMD x2-255. And I am using 4 GB of Ram for my system. I am unable to get the Wake-on-LAN to work for this motherboard. Can anyone help? MB power management is the BIOS. I have enabled in the network management Win7 driver enhances the ability to wake the computer. Does anyone have any ideas about this? Please help me to crack this difficulty. I am waiting for your respond all replies are respected.

Re: WOL Wake-on-LAN does not working with MSI 890GXM-G65

Hello I am facing the same problem. I made the following settings. I enabled Shutdown Wake-On-Lan. Even I set speed and duplex as an auto. And I enabled wake on magic packet. Even I enabled wake on pattern match. And I set WOL and shutdown link speed to 10 Mbps first. But still I am not getting any success on this problem. I try to find about this on internet but not able to find useful information. So I am out of ideas now. Please help me.

Hello I am not that much familiar with this topic. Several a times it is the graphics card's driver that doesn't "wake up" appropriately. And even Sometime the sound driver also not working properly. So it would be pleasant to be acquainted with what graphics card and what PSU you acquire. Memory sticks are not typically concerned, other than you possibly will talk about their name, in addition. If you are able to find any solution on this, then share with us. Thank you.

Hello thank you for your quick reaction on my question. Unluckily, if "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power" is not checked, then "Allow this device to wake the computer" will be gray. I have another PC running WOL (DELL) and have found the 3 mentioned! I do not think that "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" means off the network card! I think that means enabling power management. Perhaps an expert can ring true here.

Hello solved this problem. I went to the BIOS settings and refresh-proof "security settings", save and close. Tested with WOL and it works. He returned to the BIOS settings, reload "optimal settings" and reshaping some basic things (e.g. the boot disk, onboard graphics RAM, etc), save and shut down. Experienced through WOL and it still works. I'm not going to change more settings. I still have no idea what went wrong. In the operating system is Win7 x64, latest patches (Windows Update) was held January 2011.