Thread: Getting phone call scam

Getting phone call scam

I am also one of them who have probably gone so far by means of a phone call. Since I was with my laptop at time it was very simple to consider. Even though I was getting doubtful, I in fact entered a code given by the caller to permit "technician" to counsel by online chat. Then I congested. I am worried that this might have tainted my system which is running Windows XP Pro on that. I have conditionally restored system toward a date earlier than the call. Is this enough otherwise should I install XP over again? Also what is the danger of my main PC that is having Windows 7 installed and not in use now as being affected? What additional corrective actions should I take? What additional safety measures should I take by means of regard for online banking? Any recommendation very much respected.

Re: Getting phone call scam

I have seen that many of the users have been saying that they have got the phone calls and someone claiming to be as of "Microsoft", saying them that their computers is infected with virus. The caller also asks that if they are online and if the computer which they are using is slowing down the speed. If the computers are not working, they will inquire the User to restart the computer and report on start up time. If the system is working then they will inform the User that a tech can get over command of it and clear a "virus infection". All these are completely face and you should not take attention to these calls.

I would like to tell you that this is completely a scam. This is not only you, I have seen many of the users who have came through this. If you also get the calls like this then you should ask then for the name of the company, where they are located and also their contact number. After that, you should report this to the IC3 otherwise the Local FBI office (If you are in US).

Cybercriminals have began to call people on telephone and claims that they are from the Microsoft, and they will offer you to assist you to re solve the computer issues. One time cybercriminals have got your belief then they can perform one or more from following:
    • Tell people to install hateful software on the computer.
    • Take control of the user’s computer tenuously and regulate settings in order to depart computer susceptible.
    • Ask for credit card info in order that cybercriminals can bill for phony services.

Microsoft does not build unwanted phone calls to assist you through your computer. If you obtain a phone call similar to this then please avoid this.

If you are from UK and you got a call from them to provide you the tender to assist on payment fee, you must contact through National Fraud Authority. The NFA is dedicated to track down as well as eliminate these scandalous but they require all the assist that they can obtain to recognize the scams if they do not make out regarding it they can't do something. If you be able to obtain a website URL that would be accommodating in a report.

I obtained one of these calls and just didn't consider it was from the Microsoft.* I am very happy that I anxious on them. I got one more one of such calls today as of some company that claims to be "global something or other" as well as they were talking regarding files which are downloaded as of net affecting the computer. I believe it was one of the similar things. Luckily I told them that I didn't make out them as I didn't belief them and disturbed from them.*I can bet that many of the people fall in this situation.* They have obtained a hide while doing it on the home phone numbers.