Thread: Why internet connection via D-Link router continuously disconnects

Why internet connection via D-Link router continuously disconnects

This is first time I am posting here for a query, many of friends said that this is one of the most active forums site on net. I have a cable internet connection and my problem is with D-Link router which is I am using to connect 3 laptops at my home and the Xbox 360, router regularly disconnect with internet. When I is disconnects with internet either, I have to connect the cable to laptop and sometimes Windows automatically repair the connection. Can anybody solve this problem for me, please help me out I don’t know what’s running wrong.

Re: Why internet connection via D-Link router continuously disconnects

Dude I had similar kind of problem in past I would like to help you on this problem, but I need some more details over it. According to your query I assumed that you have you are connecting your router to laptops and Xbox360 wirelessly. I want to know the distance and coverage area of router, how far these laptops and Xbox are placed from laptop? And if you tried the Ethernet cables directly to the laptops, then also have you faced the same problem? And, how frequently does your router losses connection?

Well know I am agree with my friends that this site is really very active and surprisingly very quick too, first of all thanks a lot mate for such a quick reply. And here are the answers to your questions my all connections are wireless. I have placed my router in the drawing room and Xbox is just placed next to it. And laptops are in our rooms. But there is nothing to block signals from router but still connection drops twice a day. And Xbox is right next to it as I said but yet I am not able to connect it with router. And when I used Ethernet cable there was no connection drop. Hope this much details will be quite enough for you, Thank you.

Buddy as you said Xbox is right next to router, did you tried to connect Xbox via Ethernet cable? And you can’t say that there is nothing to block the router signals, it also depends on the walls and floor of your house and rooms, just try to fix the router somewhere else then maybe you will be able to find out it there anything which is blocking the router signal. And if doesn’t work then use Wi-Fi of your laptops if you, because I had the similar kind of problem and so I installed the Wi-FI dongle and it started working for me. If you use Wi-FI dongle if any problem in laptop it will be sorted out, So dude just try these two things and let me know.

Dude I think it’s due to some blocking factor in the network, you may have placed your router pretty close to the devices i.e. Laptops and Xbox but still there is some network lose, It’s quite happen with wireless networks due to the cordless phones in the house which has 2.4Ghz frequency so it can disturb the network, Microwave and some another network over the same channel affects the wireless network connectivity. First unplug all those devices then use your wireless network. You can use NetStumbler to check network disturbance our network.

Well first of all I want to thank all of you, this site is really amazing and members on this site are very helpful. I haven’t got any reply on other sites yet. Whereas on this portal, everyone have given different views and suggestions over my problem, Well my problem is solved now. Actually I tried to un-install all the programs on the system one by one, and finally it worked. Actually problem was in Bitcomet and as soon as I removed this program, I got the stable connection via router. Guys thanks for your time.

lee20 Guest

Depending on whether the WAN connection is currently established, you can click either the Connect to attempt to establish the WAN connection or the Disconnect to break the WAN connection.