Thread: Best USB Wireless (Wi-Fi) adapter?

Best USB Wireless (Wi-Fi) adapter?

Hi I am starting a small office very soon and was looking for an Internet access. Using the Wired Internet would have cost me more than the wireless one. It will consume lots of space and wiring maintenance. So I was planning to get a USB adapter for the same purpose. A long-range Wi-Fi adapter would be better. Before buying, I wanted to know which will be the best USB wireless (Wi-Fi) adapter, so that I purchase the right one for my internet service. If anyone have any suggestions regarding this, then please come forward and reply to this post. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Best USB Wireless (Wi-Fi) adapter?

USB Wi-Fi adapters are very helpful in a home or a home office as they are limited by cables. They can be connected to almost all type of computers and laptops. This is completely my personal opinion from my experience. I like the UAWIFI UA3 the most. I had used many Wi-Fi adapters, but my search for the perfect product was ended by this. It is extremely powerful and it has got no comparison. Search for UAWIFI UA3 on Internet and visit the official website of UAWIFI to know more about it. You can directly buy if either from its website of from any online shopping sites. Also the pricing is very reasonable as compared to other wireless adapters.

Different computers and laptops interact with USB adaptors in different ways. Basically there are four wireless standards at present. All of them are named after IEEE802.11.
    N or 802.11n, G or 802.11g, A or 802.11, B or 802.11b.
    External Wi-Fi antennas can be connected to the WAP to extend the range of Wi-Fi. They come in various ranges from 30ft to 300+ meters. Laptop Wi-Fi antenna is also available. But all computers are not provided with a jack to connect it. You should check your computer first, whether it has got the jack to connect Wi-Fi antennas or not. You can do wardriving, which uses a USB Wi-Fi dongle that has an antenna, and join it with a secondary amplifier or a receiver. Remember the amplifier/receiver must have a 'pigtail' connector. You can use
    2.4GHz 10dBi Wireless WIFI Booster Ranger Extender Router Antenna for WLAN . It will work well with any wireless IEEE 802.11b/g router/ AP/ PCI/ PCMCIA adapter. It improves the strength and quality of the signal.
    Or you can use EDUP Wireless USB Adapter External Antenna IEEE 802.11b/g for Laptop Desktop

According to me these two adapters are the best USB Wireless adapters currently available in market.
    • Linksys AE1000 High Performance Wireless-N Adapter
      It works well with both Windows desktop computers and laptops. It can be connected to any USB by using the USB extension cable and base which we get along with the product. It has got many advantages like dual-band capability, which means it can work on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radio bands. You will be getting WPA2 security, and most important it is compatible with all the Wireless standards G, B and A wireless networks.
    • Netgear RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N USB Adapter (WNDA3100)
      It has also got the dual-band capability which allows it to operate on both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz bands. This is help a lot in minimizing the interference. it is also backwards compatible with wireless-g access points and hotspots. It gives the best performance with other Netgear routers, like RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N Router (WNDR3300)

Normally everyone wants to buy the latest and best product available currently as per the budget and other cost factors. If you really wish to get a high quality and well rated USB wireless adapter which will work wonders in different conditions, than you might have to decide between the high quality and slightly outdated products vs. the very latest, but of lower quality product. I always check the quality first and then check if I can actually afford it or not. You can also try these USB wireless adaptors and choose according to your personal choice and compatibility.
    • Belkin N+ Wireless USB Adapter (F5D8055)
    • D-Link Wireless 150 USB Adapter (DWA-125)
    • IOGEAR Wireless-N USB 2.0 Adapter (GWU623)
    • Belkin N Wireless USB Adapter (F5D8053)
    • Medialink Wireless N USB Adapter

Have you tried UAWIFI UA3 ? or GD71 from NetGuard ?

idea Re: Best USB Wireless (Wi-Fi) adapter?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabastiaan View Post
    USB Wi-Fi adapters are very helpful in a home or a home office as they are limited by cables. They can be connected to almost all type of computers and laptops. This is completely my personal opinion from my experience. I like the UAWIFI UA3 the most. I had used many Wi-Fi adapters, but my search for the perfect product was ended by this. It is extremely powerful and it has got no comparison. Search for UAWIFI UA3 on Internet and visit the official website of UAWIFI to know more about it. You can directly buy if either from its website of from any online shopping sites. Also the pricing is very reasonable as compared to other wireless adapters.
    Purchased UA3 last week from uawifi.com.
    Great product.
    Range is excellent.

If you like powerful but compact size USB Adapter then you can try anyone of these three USB Wireless Adapters;
    TRENDnet 150Mbps Mini Wireless N USB Adapter (TEW-648UB)
    This mini wireless-n USB adapter is slightly larger than a penny but it is a very powerful device provided with Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) in it. It is compatible with almost all the versions of Windows coputers along with Mac OS X. It has got other features like Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) Quality of Service (QoS) which support to prioritize multimedia traffic.
    AirLink101 Wireless N 150 Ultra Mini USB Adapter (AWLL5088)
    Claimed to be the smallest wireless-n USB adapter, it work wonders with both all the version of Windows Operating System and the Mac OS. It has got a data rate of up to 150 Mbps. The feature of power saving along with an LED light to indicate wireless link/power makes it more attractive for customers.
    D-Link Wireless N Nano USB Adapter (DWA-131)
    It is a very compressed and thin wireless adapter. The top of the external adapter is somewhat of the size of a penny. It is provided with a LED indicator light and works very well with the WPA2 encryption. By using its Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) feature of you can easily connect to Wi-Fi networks with just the push of a button.

Year!Antenna USB Wifi Wireless Adapter is very helpful, you can use anywhere, i find Wifly-City 300WG 36dBi Radar Directional Antenna USB Wifi Wireless Adapter only $20.99 + free shipping, highly recommend.